GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 GTI Quartermile record recaptured

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I've been using 100% meth in my washer reservoir for more than a year. The tank is just fine with it. Its just milk jug plastic. Is it wise? Give me more time and I'll get back to you. Many people get away with it. So with added precaution, I take the risk. It is more of a fire hazard. But so is having almost double the stock wheel HP and doing 3rd to 4th gear logs.

Being at or below 50/50 is safest for fire. Judge for yourself the risk you are willing to take.

The biggest risk is that methanol can be very bad for your optic nerve. Methanol Optic Neuropathy. The reason why bad moonshine makes you blind.

Methanol readily absorbs through the skin. So you don't necessarily need to drink it to have a problem. Keep it off yourself and wear gloves and goggles if you might get splashed with it. And if your moon shining, do it correctly. Beer loving pets will drink methanol too. So store it safe. Seriously!

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
First off congrats on the record. Your car is amazing! I was ironically in Savannah not knowing the European Experience was going on and we parked in the garage by your car, it was cool to see it in person.
Secondly the water methanol setups do change slightly on every car even in different weather conditions. I've been running it on my supercharged 2v mustang for over 12 years. It's just a basic system that comes in at a desired boost level and is maxed at whatever you set to. I have to change the mixture of water/meth and when it starts depending on all track conditions and weather etc. for me I run 70/30 water/meth in the hot weather and 50/50 in the cold. That seems to work best in that car with the smallest jet. For me if I run a larger jet or have it come on too soon it boggs badly going into 3rd/Drive.
I have been looking into putting a kit on my GTI...