GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best polish for ref

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
what would be considered a 1step polish? I have a bottle of chemical guys vss that I haven't opened yet. just got a harbor freight dual action polisher and lake country pads (yellow, orange, pink, white, black, red) as a birthday gift from my girlfriend..
VSS is used by some on cars that only need 1-step. But I don't think it is considered a all-in-one as the Menzerna is, as that leaves behind a protective layer.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
HD speed is my go to for a true one step. It is great and cheap. Curious how it compares to the Menzerna.

One step polish and a true one step are separate things.

D'Squared

my car is CSG, but like others have said, the color doesn't REALLY matter, although there may be arguments for being pickier about products for darker colored paints. Generally red and other lighter paint colors will do fine with anything.

My car currently has Hydro2 topped with Collinite Insulator. But I am about to try out cQuartz UK. Its definitely a more advanced product though and for beginners/ease I would probably recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant if you only want to buy a single last step product.

Would also recommend some sort of paint correction since dealers tend to not properly treat the paint. I guess it ultimately depends how picky you are about the gloss/condition of the paint before protection so if you like the way the paint looks now, then just a proper sealant would be good.

I've also never had experience with all in one products so can't speak for the Menzerna being recommended. However, for a starting/solo product, I can definitely see the appeal in just having a single step correction/protection.

cheers..!

Mousa

Passed Driver's Ed
HD speed is my go to for a true one step. It is great and cheap. Curious how it compares to the Menzerna.

One step polish and a true one step are separate things.

Do you do anything before/after using HD speed? I just happened to pick up a bottle, but have yet to use it.

king12sky

Ready to race!
If anything I would go Menzerna or Sonax. There is a product out of Malaysia that is call Detailing Kingdom and i have had good results on them. Though getting them might be a hassle.

Btw if you want easy to use and good result. M105 & M205 after that go M21. =)

Last edited: