GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nice Rack

TonWah

Ready to race!
OEM VW base racks. Will be ordering the whispbar wb201 bike mount soon. And DEFINITELY a fairing, probably the Inno. Will try the 3 little sticky thingies that came with the rack. Some have said that it helps a bit.

NickC

Ready to race!
This is the Rhino Rack 2500RS Vortex which is similar to the whispbar and cheaper. Its very quiet at speed vs the oem racks which I had before that honestly drove me crazy. I have a red Rocky Mounts jetline fork that slides in really cleanly where the rubber seals are.

Glad I found this post. I had the OEM bars on my MK6 Jetta and they were horrendously loud and sit much higher than I liked. Love the look of whispbars but not the price. Thanks.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Glad I found this post. I had the OEM bars on my MK6 Jetta and they were horrendously loud and sit much higher than I liked. Love the look of whispbars but not the price. Thanks.

rackattack.com has the whispbars on sale for hella cheap right now compared to direct purchase.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here's mine, OEM bars and a cheap bike just in case, no explanation needed [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daner

Go Kart Newbie

We knew that we would be hauling these things, so we opted for a Sportscombi/Sportwagen/Variant, partly for the additional roof length, and partly for the standard roof rails, which give many options when it comes to racks while preventing paint damage to the roof.

The width of the combined load is too much for the lowest-profile options which fit between the rails, but the Thule WingBar/Rapid System combination fits securely, and is very quick and simple to attach and remove. The SUP Taxi carries my Starboard Elite Touring 14' x 30" securely, and we switched from the Hull-a-port to the DockGlide carrier for my wife's kayak, as it provides easier loading and unloading, as well as having much cleaner and more versatile mounting options on the WingBar.

Our car has the hideaway (Euro-only) trailer hitch which makes a great point for attaching a tie-down rope on the back as well (that still enables us to open the rear hatch), but the roof mountings are so secure that I don't feel that it is necessary. As you can see, we use the towing eyelet on the front, which keeps all tie-down straps and ropes completely clear of the paint.

Everything seems very stable up to 120km/h (75 mph). We have locks on the racks, but the boats could easily be taken by cutting through the straps, so we keep everything under observation while traveling.

Last edited:

TurboSenna

Looking for some input from those with whispbars on a 3 door Mk7.

I've just bought some and whilst they seem well made for the most part, the fitting kit feet don't seem that well designed for the 3 door.

Wondering if this ties up with what others have found?

E.g. Here's a pic of the front bar in place showing that the overall shape doesn't seem well matched to the roof profile:

If I lift the cowl out the way, you can see how little of the foot is actually making contact:

And

When they're tightened they seem well secured but it doesn't feel right they'd be designed like that and it seems to go against the whole aerodynamic design principles!

My Thule roof bars have always had a well sculpted foot pack to match the roof profile. Looking at a few other pics from forums, it seems like the 5 door feet are more like I'd expect:

And other 3 door feet look like the cowls are longer and mold to the shape better:

Interested in others thoughts....

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looking for some input from those with whispbars on a 3 door Mk7.

I've just bought some and whilst they seem well made for the most part, the fitting kit feet don't seem that well designed for the 3 door.

Wondering if this ties up with what others have found?

E.g. Here's a pic of the front bar in place showing that the overall shape doesn't seem well matched to the roof profile:

If I lift the cowl out the way, you can see how little of the foot is actually making contact:

And

When they're tightened they seem well secured but it doesn't feel right they'd be designed like that and it seems to go against the whole aerodynamic design principles!

My Thule roof bars have always had a well sculpted foot pack to match the roof profile. Looking at a few other pics from forums, it seems like the 5 door feet are more like I'd expect:

And other 3 door feet look like the cowls are longer and mold to the shape better:

Interested in others thoughts....

Cheers

I would be paranoid, that does not look the way it should, but who knows but I would check with them again.

TurboSenna

That's what I thought!

Have dropped the supplier a mail with info, hopefully they get back in touch soon.

Thanks

ACE2

Ready to race!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Has anybody had any experience with the VW bike rails that are apparently on sale for 77% off on ECS?

7B0071128

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/bike-carrier-upright/7b0071128/

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't have those but you should be fine, it should come with the correct hardware for the OEM bars, if not you can always order them from Thule for like 15 bucks but I'm almost certain that they will come with the carrier . That's a great price
Check how much they want for shipping