GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have 18x9 et45 wheels on their car.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Bugger. That's just unfortunate. Sucks to have to deal with that for that guy. I guess I'll stick to stock until I get a proper car for track use.

I know the clubsport uses the same dampeners as the gti. Maybe some slightly lower and stiffer, linear springs might not be terrible, but traditionally i stay away from aftermarket springs on stock shocks because they generally destroy ride quality and the dampener.

Wonder what madface is running to fit those wheels/tires
Ed springs are good on oem dampers from what ive seem. Many guys running them on 9+45 with 235 and hitting canyons or track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Here's mine on 18x9 et45 with 245/40/18 tires! Lowered on vwr springs

Attachments

• 20160627_164642_resized.jpg
    20160627_164642_resized.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 5,844
  • 20160627_164622_resized.jpg
    20160627_164622_resized.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 5,163

rr1santos

Ready to race!
So I'm looking to get the Konig Rennform 18x9 +45 wheels. I'm lowered with ED springs. I want to get the fattest tire I can for these without going camber plates..is it possible?

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
I also thought about this. Would adding front and rear sway bars minimize body roll during cornering enough to allow wider tires without rubbing?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
So I'm looking to get the Konig Rennform 18x9 +45 wheels. I'm lowered with ED springs. I want to get the fattest tire I can for these without going camber plates..is it possible?

Tough question to answer without knowing the brand of tire you're going with. Actual tread width that would give you clearance issues depends on the tire model/brand.

The widest tire size you can realistically put on an 18x9 with the correct diameter (~25") would be a 265/35-18. In that size, to give a few examples, tread widths vary significantly:

Firestone Indy 500: 8.9" tread width

Conti Sport: 9.4" tread width

Michelin PSS: 9.8" tread width

Nearly an inch wider tire at the tread from top to bottom, that can change fitments dramatically.

SLOWR

Ready to race!

If you go over 245 tires in the rear, you will have issues with the tire hitting or touching the rear shock damper. I had 18x9 et45 with 245 and the clearance was really tight. Really depends on what tire brand as well, because not every side wall is the same.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Tough question to answer without knowing the brand of tire you're going with. Actual tread width that would give you clearance issues depends on the tire model/brand.

The widest tire size you can realistically put on an 18x9 with the correct diameter (~25") would be a 265/35-18. In that size, to give a few examples, tread widths vary significantly:

Firestone Indy 500: 8.9" tread width

Conti Sport: 9.4" tread width

Michelin PSS: 9.8" tread width

Nearly an inch wider tire at the tread from top to bottom, that can change fitments dramatically.

If you go over 245 tires in the rear, you will have issues with the tire hitting or touching the rear shock damper. I had 18x9 et45 with 245 and the clearance was really tight. Really depends on what tire brand as well, because not every side wall is the same.

Sorry I should've given more details. I want to run 18x9+45 as my daily set up with the occasional trip to the drag strip (san diego has 1/8th mile at QUALCOMM stadium). I was originally looking at the federal rsrr: cheap good sticky tire. other brands I considered were Michelin pss or the ps2 and hankook ventus v12 or rs4

rr1santos

Ready to race!

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Sorry I should've given more details. I want to run 18x9+45 as my daily set up with the occasional trip to the drag strip (san diego has 1/8th mile at QUALCOMM stadium). I was originally looking at the federal rsrr: cheap good sticky tire. other brands I considered were Michelin pss or the ps2 and hankook ventus v12 or rs4

Yeah you can get away with that setup no issues there. I would stick with a 245 tire, because some other tire brands have square sidewalls and tend to run a bit wider then others. You might have clearance issues with the stock rear shock dampers on a 18x9 et45 wheel with wider tires.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Yeah you can get away with that setup no issues there. I would stick with a 245 tire, because some other tire brands have square sidewalls and tend to run a bit wider then others. You might have clearance issues with the stock rear shock dampers on a 18x9 et45 wheel with wider tires.

got it..thanks for insight. i think to be on the super safe side i'll go with 18x8.5 +45 and still run 245s

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Yes, that will be a good choice! No issues with that setup

Do you have any rubbing at full lock or dips in the street? Did you do the screw mod?

I'm looking for Neuspeed RSE10s 18x8.5 et45+ with 245 40 18 on Eibach or VWR springs. Like your set up! But like the boxier look of the tire with 8.5" width.