GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"No Antenna" Message

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
A few times now when trying to listen to satellite or use the navigation it says "no antenna". The satellite stations dont come in and the nav doesnt work correctly. After either a few minutes, a few hours or once even overnight the antenna will come back online and everything works fine. It sucks trying to take things back to the dealer for intermittent faults like that because they dont ever seem to occur once the car is there (go figure).

So I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? And if you have, did you come up with solution? Thanks.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
From OBDEleven:

0F Radio Tuner - Digital

System description: SDAR SIRIUS H07
Software version: 0150
Hardware number: 8E0035593M
Serial number: AUZ4Z7H0402481
Coding: 0000100

Trouble codes:
00003 - Control module Faulty
Intermittent
02635 - Tuner not enabled/activated
static

56 Radio

System description: Radio DE2 016
Software version: 0020
Hardware number: 1K0035180L
Serial number: VWZ4Z7H2228547
Coding: 0040401

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You within the basic warranty? I still think it's the head unit.

I think the sharkfin antenna is only for the SAT radio, and the GPS antenna is in the dash.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Youre probably right considering there are two different antennas. It seems to be intermittent for now but I wont take it to the dealer until it totally stops working. Im covered under factory warranty for another 20k miles.

Last edited:

drewnyc

Car having same issue. Works for a few hours and then “no antenna”. Checked antenna plug which was fine. Car out of warranty. Am I going to have to replace radio?? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk