GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock strut mounts with Driver Gear springs?

lokerola

Ready to race!
OK folks, I'm back to wanting some springs on the GTI to get rid of wheel gap. I tried ED springs and ECS strut mounts and it clunked and squeaked quite a bit. I went back to stock springs and strut mounts and everything was quiet again.

For those of you with DG springs, did you stick with the stock strut mounts, ECS strut mounts, or perhaps the 034 strut mounts?

I'm getting this done at the dealer and so far I'm planning on using the stock mounts and definitely not the ECS strut mounts. I'm intrigued by the 034's as I think I've seen a lot of people running them, but again, I want a slightly lower car with similar handling to stock (I like the stock ride, just not the stock look). A quiet ride is a must, so I'm stressing out on the new spring install.

Anyway, if anyone with DG's could post your strut mount vendor, that would be great. Thanks!

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
OK folks, I'm back to wanting some springs on the GTI to get rid of wheel gap. I tried ED springs and ECS strut mounts and it clunked and squeaked quite a bit. I went back to stock springs and strut mounts and everything was quiet again.

For those of you with DG springs, did you stick with the stock strut mounts, ECS strut mounts, or perhaps the 034 strut mounts?

I'm getting this done at the dealer and so far I'm planning on using the stock mounts and definitely not the ECS strut mounts. I'm intrigued by the 034's as I think I've seen a lot of people running them, but again, I want a slightly lower car with similar handling to stock (I like the stock ride, just not the stock look). A quiet ride is a must, so I'm stressing out on the new spring install.

Anyway, if anyone with DG's could post your strut mount vendor, that would be great. Thanks!

I've got ed springs but just ordered the 034 strut mounts and bearings as well from everything I've read on them has been good not so much on the ecs mounts people making the same complaints as you

As soon as they arrive will post on what I think of them,I'm sure they will be quiet and worth the money I paid for them

Canadian dollar sucks[emoji41]

lokerola

Ready to race!
I've got ed springs but just ordered the 034 strut mounts and bearings as well from everything I've read on them has been good not so much on the ecs mounts people making the same complaints as you

As soon as they arrive will post on what I think of them,I'm sure they will be quiet and worth the money I paid for them

Sounds good, much appreciated. Good luck with the 034's!

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Did you order them because you were having issues?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Did you order them because you were having issues?

Yup had a little squeak when going over bumps at grocery store parking lots at slow speeds
Should have changed them when I did job first time
Now I'm doing it twice

I'm intrigued by the 034's as I think I've seen a lot of people running them, but again, I want a slightly lower car with similar handling to stock (I like the stock ride, just not the stock look). A quiet ride is a must, so I'm stressing out on the new spring install.
I did recommend the 034 mounts several times, but in your case I think
you better just keep the stock ones. Nothing wrong with them. However,
I'd use new strut bearings with any install.

;)

lokerola

Ready to race!
I did recommend the 034 mounts several times, but in your case I think
you better just keep the stock ones. Nothing wrong with them. However,
I'd use new strut bearings with any install.

;)

Yea, I think I'll stick with the stock ones and see how that pans out. I don't mind buying the 034's if the stockers don't work - but it's paying for the damn labor and alignment that kills me. Anyway, thanks again.