GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger seat ISOfix/LATCH install - Child Seat Anchor

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Good evening

I thought to write up a post about my findings regarding the lack of a child seat anchor system in my mk7 and what I could do to have the option (Late 2016 UK car)

As I have an eatate/variant/sportwagon I often have the rear seats down for cargo and i'd like to have the option to safely secure the car seat in the front seat and as I have the Recaro Monza Nova IS, its a large protective car seat that needs more than just a seat belt to hold both the chair and little one safe.
May I remind you i wouldnt be going to this trouble if I didnt already have an airbag de-activation switch, of which I do.

So I began looking on the ETKA system (www.oemepc.com) and found the part number 8T0881545 of which applies to most of the VAG range with a seat of the same frame size as the Golf.

The parts required are:
1 x 8T0881545 - Bracket
2 x N90737101 - T30 Torx Bolt
2 x N90088003 - Speed Nut

This totalled £53 inc VAT and was purchased through my local Skoda part dept as VW said this product was no longer made and in stock.

To install the tools required are a light and T30 Torx driver.
You may help yourself by unbolting the chair from the chassis and rocking it forward to reveal the rear underside of the seat base.
If this step is taken, make sure to torque the Spline bolts attaching the seat to the chassis to 25nm, once fitted and completed.

The hardest part of the install is forcing the bracket to align with the bolt holes. This is due to the resistance of the foam of the seat.

Here are a few pics - fingers crossed

Album link:
https://plus.google.com/106967182220261479600/posts/LB25ue63NJi

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
PICTURES ARE HUUGGGEEEE!!!

I resize mine so they are no bigger than 1000pix by 1000pixel

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Yeah and its a little hard to take in what they are about if you cant see the whole picture.

Ive posted them from my iphone 7 plus, not too sure if theres a way to resize them without loosing quality

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yeah and its a little hard to take in what they are about if you cant see the whole picture.

Ive posted them from my iphone 7 plus, not too sure if theres a way to resize them without loosing quality

Size & quality are two separate but interlinked parameters...

The pixel size is the physical pixels across & down..eg the number of coloured dots.

If you have a 4000 x 3000 pixel size photo you can either reduce the size (number of dots), or the quality eg low or high JPEG compression.

So you can reduce the pixel size to say 2000 x 1500 this will make it appear smaller on the screen. & also total file size will be smaller as total number of dots is less..

You could leave it the same 4000 x 3000 pixel size & reduce the quality by making a LOW file compression...so instead of remembering every single pixel colour it will only remember one in every 4 pixels & approximate the other pixels...it would still be a HUGE physical picture on my screen.

Mine are 1000pixel max in any direction & under 1Mb (b)? in file size..

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Aye ive tried apps before on my phone to do just that but sadly they loose soo much quallityin the process
Hope you approve my first "How to" post, trying to do a good'as job as you Dave

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Message sent.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just been looking at my mates 2007 Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro......similar part....
However according to ETKA the part in this thread is for:-
A3 (2013-)
A4 (200:cool:
A5 (2010-)
A6 (2011-)
A7 (2011-)
Skoda Octavia (2013-)
Skoda Superb (200:cool:

& this explains why Audis cost so much, items like this & door puddle lights front & rear & aluminium subframes..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Because no VW car is listed for it, they are not allowed to order..VAG HQ UK...

Thankfully my VW dealer is also an Audi dealer , but the buildings are 5mins walk apart, so I have to walk from one to the other to get the "Audi" parts...

The Skoda dealership is a different company about 15 mins walk from the other two...so you get fit order weird parts...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
There is also a cover for that bracket, to "hide" it...make it look better when view from the rear seat...

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a3+s3+sportb+lim+qu/a3/2015-745/8/881-881000/

Several part numbers

8T0 881 708
cover for isofix holder

the following colours are supposedly available for the cover:

69U = Luxor beige
8E1 = Soul Black
FK2 = Crystal Silver
FL4 = Titanium Grey
FR5 = Velvet edge
FS5 = Garnet Red
K64 = Light grey
N45 = Cardamom beige
SH6 = Chestnut brown
T65 = Stone blue
V70 = Mustang brown
V73 = Star silver
W58 = Cinnamon Brown
Z73 = Linen edge

Last edited:

Chappers181

Car(s)
Vw golf mk6
Great write up.

Can anyone confirm if this would work for earlier models? I have a 2011 Bluemotion Golf and am looking to do the same but where it is an earlier model I’m not sure if I would have the same success.

Thanks in advance

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No idea...I wonder if an earlier Audi A3 or Skoda Octavia would have them??