GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sym-Tech Paint Protection?

colonel1941

Passed Driver's Ed
Just traded up from a '15 TDI to a '15 GTI Autobahn and the dealer offered Sym-Tech paint and interior protection for around $400. I've been searching and can't find any reviews and their website gives minimal info on what the product is and what kind of coating it is for the paint. I know the interior protection is just scotch guard.

Just looking to see if anyone has opted for this or has any input on it. I'm on the fence about it now

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
While I am guessing it may not be as good a performer as the $1000 paint coatings you can get outside, it's also not $1000 and it will be better than having no coating at all. Depends on what kind of owner you are. If you're super anal about your paint, spend more. If it's a lease and you only kind of care, then the $400 is still a good option for you.

colonel1941

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to opt out of it. I can't find any info online about the product or how it is applied. save up for a proper coating because I'm one of those owners that likes the car pretty

SRoads

Ready to race!
If the dealer is offering, more than likely its bullshit. No more than a coat of wax...with some added swirl marks for you.