GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hawaii VW Owners

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
2016 Pure White 5dr 6MT GTI SE PP/LP

Don't see much MK7s on the road. Any owners from Hawaii in here??

Btw, a Limestone Grey Metallic R was following me yesterday on H-1. Belong to anybody in here?

I'd be down for a meet-n-greet

krz_hayn

Go Kart Champion
Aloha,

I'm home for a week visiting family and friends, originally from Ka'a'awa but moved SoCal. Wondering if there was any meets planned during the time I'll be there 6/16-6/23? If not, would you guys be willing to do an impromptu meet? Let me know and I'll set one up if needed.

Mahalo,
-Kawika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16gtiguy

Ready to race!
Tuning

So I am getting back into the tuning game, but I see only revo and Giap have stuff on the island, what is everyone using? I might just go for unitronic as I don't like either of those options

freeride

anarcho-syndicist
I'm really interested in how Unitronic offers similar value add options like APR, and you can flash it yourself.

16gtiguy

Ready to race!
I have narrowed it down to doing unitronic or eurodyne, not sure what I am gonna go with. I like how easy it is to flash back to stock with eurodyne, and no charge upgrades as I will be going with an is38 down the road.

16gtiguy

Ready to race!
Hey guys I was looking to run a 93 octane file but not sure what to do about fueling? what do you guys run as far as fueling? Octane booster? or does everyone just run 91 files?

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
91 would be your safest bet unless you use octane booster at every fill-up. Not sure how your plugs and o2 sensors are gonna like that. I personally use JB4 so I adjust boost to maximize 92 without timing pull

16gtiguy

Ready to race!
Even with the ED 91 file I notices a little timing pull, I throw in some royal purple octane booster which "should" equate to 95 and it went away on the 91 file but then loaded the 93 file and it came back its very slight though and very random. What stations do you feel up at?

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Even with the ED 91 file I notices a little timing pull, I throw in some royal purple octane booster which "should" equate to 95 and it went away on the 91 file but then loaded the 93 file and it came back its very slight though and very random. What stations do you feel up at?

I've had good luck with 76 gas, lots of timing pull with Chevron/Texaco, and I am now trying Hele for a few tanks (so far so good). Also check to see if anything is loose in your engine bay, it may cause false readings for your knock sensor and you will pull timing because of it.

jonatj

Passed Driver's Ed
Shell 92 V-power Nitro+ And JB4

Howzit my V-Dub friends,

My '17 Golf MK7 1.8 TSI is very happy with the JB4 and Shell Nitro. I'm on Map 1, but am planning to play with Map 6 soon.

I'm going to try Costco 91 to see if it pulls timing. That should save me $5 a tank.

Anyone local try playing with intakes or down pipes?

Aloha

Big Vape

2016 Pure White 5dr 6MT GTI SE PP/LP

Don't see much MK7s on the road. Any owners from Hawaii in here??

Btw, a Limestone Grey Metallic R was following me yesterday on H-1. Belong to anybody in here?

I'd be down for a meet-n-greet

Living on Oahu 2017 MK7 sport pure white