GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Log of MAP OTS stage 2 v2. Please forgive my missed shift.

http://www.datazap.me/u/scrodee/map-...6&tmax=6368.00

I really like this tune! The file is relatively large at ~30kB; which (IMO) shows that a lot of parameters were tweaked to get it right and the effort shows. Much more predictable than v1, smooth enough to use as a daily driver. Butt-dyno days it's just as strong or stronger than my final rev from an unnamed e-tuner.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion

I really like this tune! The file is relatively large at ~30kB; which (IMO) shows that a lot of parameters were tweaked to get it right and the effort shows. Much more predictable than v1, smooth enough to use as a daily driver. Butt-dyno days it's just as strong or stronger than my final rev from an unnamed e-tuner.

Looks nice. Car is running a bit rich and I wonder why your boost is fluctuating that much. Also wonder why the turbo shaft speed parameter is not showing correctly.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Looks nice. Car is running a bit rich and I wonder why your boost is fluctuating that much. Also wonder why the turbo shaft speed parameter is not showing correctly.

It's always run a bit rich and had the fluctuations with OTS tunes. On the e-tune boost is smoother but not super clean. Doesn't run as rich on the e-tune, but still richer than other logs I've seen. Maybe my weird hardware setup has something to do with Or maybe the turbo is on it's way out; I haven't seen or heard anything that has me worried, though.

I don't think I'm logging shaft speed. Is there an actual tach for these turbos or is it calculated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

Looks good to me, the boost fluctuating might have more to do with the car still needing to adapt to the tune.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Looks good to me, the boost fluctuating might have more to do with the car still needing to adapt to the tune.

Maybe, I took this log after only 45 miles. Will get another and post when I can.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
It's always run a bit rich and had the fluctuations with OTS tunes. On the e-tune boost is smoother but not super clean. Doesn't run as rich on the e-tune, but still richer than other logs I've seen. Maybe my weird hardware setup has something to do with Or maybe the turbo is on it's way out; I haven't seen or heard anything that has me worried, though.

I don't think I'm logging shaft speed. Is there an actual tach for these turbos or is it calculated?

Shaft speed is calculated, you are right.

drrck

Go Kart Champion

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I'm not surprised there is no knock, plenty of power left on the table with those timing values I should think.

Looking at the shaft speed that is a VERY safe tune relating to both the engine and the turbo. Which is good if that is what you want in a tune.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Looking at the shaft speed that is a VERY safe tune relating to both the engine and the turbo. Which is good if that is what you want in a tune.
Yes, agreed it appears to be a very good tune for conservative power and probably good for people with no access to 93 Octane as well.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Yes, agreed it appears to be a very good tune for conservative power and probably good for people with no access to 93 Octane as well.

From what I can tell since our engines seem relatively strong. Tuning for turbo safety is more important. Especially if you have a early 2015 model.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Personally, I really like this stage 2 tune. I've been running it since it was released and it works very well for my daily commute through L.A. traffic. This is the reason why I love the Cobb AP. You can literally have a different tune for every occasion and you can switch them up in about 30-45 seconds.