GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is38 dsg gti vs full bolton scatpack charger

ML1234

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this opponent. I know its heavy but headers and tune on this car scares me a little bit. I should be racing him from a roll.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Iirc.. the 6.4 hemi really doesnt gain that much power with bolt ons vs say the coyote mustang and camaro engines.
I used to pull on the 6.1 425hp srt8s with my bolt on stock turbo ms3. But now they got 485 stock lol
Thinking is38 will get r done. Be pretty dam close. Run him on a cool night lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you have good tires and can drive I don't think it'll be an issue. If you're worried race him with 1/4-1/2 tank of gas, remove the spare tire and jack (and any other heavy extra stuff you'd normally haul around, windows up, AC off (duh). Losing extra weight makes a noticeable difference.

Brake boost and go from a roll. Not sure what speed is favorable for a DSG car but any rolling start will be in your favor

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
For what it's worth, my buddy has a stock 2017 Challenger R/T with scat pack. That's the 6.4L with 485 hp. He has stock tires and ran the 1/4 mile with best pass out of 7 runs at 12.878 – 110.35 mph. I don't think he is an expert in 1/4 mile runs or anything, so maybe that car could put down a better time, but it's probably a good real world number for a stock tire challenger scat pack.
We recently went on a drive over mountain roads and I left him in the dust as soon as we hit any corners. The stock tires on his car are only 245s on 9.5 inch wide rims and its a relatively heavy car.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this opponent. I know its heavy but headers and tune on this car scares me a little bit. I should be racing him from a roll.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
With an IS38 you will be good. I have a video of me on stock turbo VS a FBO chally scat pack at the strip. He beat me with ET but I had him on trap speed. So on the street I would have pulled him from a roll. Now that I am IS38 it would not even be close. I think my Jeep SRT8 bolt ons with nitrous race I just had a few threads down from this would be pretty close to racing a fbo scat pack car.

ML1234

Ready to race!
With an IS38 you will be good. I have a video of me on stock turbo VS a FBO chally scat pack at the strip. He beat me with ET but I had him on trap speed. So on the street I would have pulled him from a roll. Now that I am IS38 it would not even be close. I think my Jeep SRT8 bolt ons with nitrous race I just had a few threads down from this would be pretty close to racing a fbo scat pack car.

Thank you for the response. He is talking madd ish so its getting me nervous.

ML1234

Ready to race!
For what it's worth, my buddy has a stock 2017 Challenger R/T with scat pack. That's the 6.4L with 485 hp. He has stock tires and ran the 1/4 mile with best pass out of 7 runs at 12.878 – 110.35 mph. I don't think he is an expert in 1/4 mile runs or anything, so maybe that car could put down a better time, but it's probably a good real world number for a stock tire challenger scat pack.
We recently went on a drive over mountain roads and I left him in the dust as soon as we hit any corners. The stock tires on his car are only 245s on 9.5 inch wide rims and its a relatively heavy car.

Thank you and i will be hitting the track friday its my first time a little nervous but ill see what i can do.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

With exhaust, tune, tire it is easy 11.8 car in the auto. My buddies Scat with just Hellcat box was running 12.5's at 1500 feet on street tires. FYI.

From a roll you should be fine. Up top 90 plus you will say bye bye.

ML1234

Ready to race!
With exhaust, tune, tire it is easy 11.8 car in the auto. My buddies Scat with just Hellcat box was running 12.5's at 1500 feet on street tires. FYI.

From a roll you should be fine. Up top 90 plus you will say bye bye.

Ok good I feel much better and confident now.