GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USP Catted Downpipe?

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Just take your time and use some muffler sealant for the joins.

Do you think it's worth using some sealant on the joins? If the clamps aren't enough to keep the exhaust together, does the sealant help? Or is it just to ensure that there's no exhaust leak? And does that stuff harden to the point where you can't take the exhaust apart in the future?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Do you think it's worth using some sealant on the joins? If the clamps aren't enough to keep the exhaust together, does the sealant help? Or is it just to ensure that there's no exhaust leak? And does that stuff harden to the point where you can't take the exhaust apart in the future?

It's up to you. You can try it without and then add later if you would need to. It prevents minor leaks on slip fittings. They should be able to be taken apart later...the sodium silicate sealant forms a thin "glass-like" seal as it dries/expands.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I had it and got rid of it. It didn't fit so well and you might need a o2 extension because mine turned out to be short i had to route it away from the oem location.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Mine did not

Mine did not either. I bought the USP one for $20. There is a lot of slack, so I folded it over and doubled it up in the middle to make it the length I needed, and fastened with some zip ties.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Cts is 304L and perfect fitment. That's what I have, but I added a cat since mine was catless (got it for free)

3.5" vs 3" would have zero measurable effect in sound or performance. More of a marketing ploy...the v band coming off the turbo is 3.5" so all the did was match it at the joint and stepped it down at the first weld seam rather than at the v band itself, but regardless you'd never tell the difference on sub 500hp car

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Mine did not either. I bought the USP one for $20. There is a lot of slack, so I folded it over and doubled it up in the middle to make it the length I needed, and fastened with some zip ties.
So is it even possible to do the install without buying a separate extension for the O2 sensor?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
So is it even possible to do the install without buying a separate extension for the O2 sensor?

Yes, Mk7GTl and someone else told me they could connect it, but had to route it short (off one of the firewall clips) in order to get it connected. When they shared this with me before I did my install, I decided to go ahead and get the extension so I could have it routed properly. Definitely don't want it getting up against the hot turbo or exhaust and melting the sheath.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I clip the o2 and route drivers side its fine. It's a bit tight but there is still sock resting. My has been through some abuse. Is it the best? Nope. But it definitely works.