GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 or a modified IS38 Upgrade Turbo charger ?

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
The stock cars it was OTS from big names. The search feature on this forum sucks but there are a few posts here.

The big turbo cars custom tunes, someone had to find out how much too much torque is or when it runs out of fuel etc. People in my area are very experimental.

:)We can only appreciate that experts like George Smooth sacrifice their time and expensive engines to see and to tell us how much torque and HP are possible. We always need such extraordinarily brave tuners. Thank you for that

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
TORQUE is always the most dangerous force when tuning a car. It can easily tear your engine apart. That is why experienced tuners deal with torquing intelligently by rounding off, doing experiments, meshing DSG and TCU together, etc. You have lots of extremely reliable tuners in the USA - just trust in their competence.

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
Compare the parallel blog: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33182

Before installing an upgrade charger for 500HP just compare all IS38 failures and upgrade chargers and understand how they die and how they blow up the engine later like a Kamikaze). It took the five PnP-Turbo guys three months time to design and combine it with the most endurable racing axial bearing + two bigger wheels + turbine shaft called TD05 by Mitsubishi - proven over the years to be way more endurable, which convinced me in the ending. Even if the TD05 part is extremely expensive, the prices of TTE / TTH / CTS / PnP / APR and Loba are very similar. They want 2499 EUR for the LM500. Phone them, Stephen and Florian speak friendly English: +4952412119933

You can also send them your defective IS38 turbo with a broken wheel because they replace everything inside anyway and give it the TD05 basic unit instead.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Can anyone in the US tune this turbo?

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
Hi breaking badly,
as a simple teacher I am way too unimportant to potential 'millionaire' MTR Performance. At the beginning I got treated in a rather 'cold' way and instead of 1000 EUR I had to pay 1500 suddenly for the tune. But I am happy that I got a very nice file and that is is way I am grateful regarding MTR and PnP-Turbo though. Considering the fact that you have to wait for 8 weeks to get a tuning appointment with MTR I am glad I received what I was asking for. I first wanted a TTE upgrade charger but the outstanding quality finally convinced me. MTR starts liking the PnP-Upgrade-Turbo LM500 even if he is the patron of TTE who has given all TTE chargers their official names. This is what I know concerning background information.
Your nice motto is: [FONT=&quot]anything worth doing is worth doing right
[FONT=&quot]My motto seems: anybody who helps you is worth rewarding and praising in public[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]:)

[FONT=&quot]The tune is great - Some good American [FONT=&quot]tuners[/FONT] will [FONT=&quot]get it done in a similar way:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE4xONmg1cA

[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I will wait for a US customer to thoroughly review...

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
Their tune isn't ment for our cars though.

Row vs NA

You can easily take the fuel into consideration and modify it in the file. It's mainly three parameters you have to adjust which all pro tuners do.
I would wait until the first tune gets done outside Europe to see how smoothly everything works.:)