GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I do have some different settings. Are you stock downpipe? Also, you can use an otg cable on an android, but the iPhone has to use Bluetooth

Stock downpipe for now.. About 6 weeks til I get the AWE downpipe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I can give you a starting point and you can then tweak from there. There is a difference between 91 and 93 though. It is significant enough that you would have to adjust by as much as 1psi. Temperature is also a factor. A lot of my logs on the stock downpipe were in the cooler weather. Try these out and then get a few logs. Do a third gear pull from around 2,500-6,300+, shift into fourth and try to go a little bit in fourth. Look at your trims, you want them 45 or lower. AFR should be below 14 or very low 14's in some spots. Ign 1 should always be going up. every car is different, but I hit 18.5 degrees at 6,300 rpms with this setting in 70 degree weather. If you see any spot where it takes a dip, adjust your psi down a little bit at that spot. like .5 psi. definitely compare a few logs though. sometimes you do get random timing hits that aren't always there. A bump in the road can cause it.
93 octane top tier gas:

1,500-12.1
2,000-13.5
2,500-14.0
3,000-15.0
3,500-16.0
4,000-16.5
4,500-16.2
5,000-15.8
5,500-15.2
6,000-14.2
6,500-13.6
7,000-13.0

Try this out Mr Wrong

Skip54

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I just got the jb4 installed today and I noticed when I press the pedal all the way to the floor it now clicks. I definitely don't remember it clicking before. Is that normal? Also, I'm assuming everybody placed their JB4 module between the battery and the air intake. How did you secure it down? The gap between the battery and air intake is pretty wide.

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
The clicking will have happened before, and is normal on all automatic golfs (and some manual golfs supposedly, but we are unsure why). All it does is forces the car to downshift to the lowest safe gear for maximum acceleration.

I have my JB4 just kind of sitting in the location you are talking about. I should probably zip tie it or something, but so far it has been fine just loose with the cables holding it in.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Clicking is the kickdown switch. You probably didn't notice it before. I put mine inside the battery blanket

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Also, I'm assuming everybody placed their JB4 module between the battery and the air intake. How did you secure it down? The gap between the battery and air intake is pretty wide.

I have my JB4 just kind of sitting in the location you are talking about. I should probably zip tie it or something, but so far it has been fine just loose with the cables holding it in.

Yes, mine lays flat in that area and is tucked under the thick battery cable that comes down over the area. Never had any issues with JB1 or JB4 after almost two years of having it there. The biggest place you need to worry about is the wire for plug C that routes to the bottom front of the engine. Make sure that wire is zip tied and pulled back tight against the engine. I have heard of folks saying that this wire came loose and eventually worked its way into the fan. This is something I check periodically just to be sure things are still fastened properly.

Skip54

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok thank you for all the responses. I appreciate it. I've ordered the wireless adapter and I plan to run logs to send to George. The JB4 REALLY makes the car fun to drive! Next up are wheels! ;)

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ironshade hit the dyno. 288 whp in 3rd and then hit the speed limiter in 4th on his way to over 300 whp. He hit 357wtq in 4th. Great job for an IS20 and JB4 as the only tune. On the same day an APR stage 2 gti put down 293 whp and 348 wtq and a stage 2 R did 321whp/338wtq in fwd mode. Looks like the JB4 1.8 is king!

IMG_8568.JPG

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Ironshade hit the dyno. 288 whp in 3rd and then hit the speed limiter in 4th on his way to over 300 whp. He hit 357wtq in 4th. Great job for an IS20 and JB4 as the only tune. On the same day an APR stage 2 gti put down 293 whp and 348 wtq and a stage 2 R did 321whp/338wtq in fwd mode. Looks like the JB4 1.8 is king!

Awesome!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Just installed my JB 4.. WOW! Very happy.. AWE downpipe ordered and will be here mid August..

Think I'm gonna stick with Map 2.. Just want to keep things safe for now.. I have to keep in mind that this isn't my K04 GTI and never will... Well maybe when my warranty expires..:cool:

Ton

Go Kart Newbie

View attachment 16918

This is great. Thanks for showing this. Do you know what his settings were for this?

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
Were those runs on 93 pump gas or was e85 involved? Thats pretty damn impressive for not being a stacked tune.