GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pad Suggestions

If they don't fit the bill you should try Pagid RS29/RSL29 as these are endurance pads while
MX72s are dual-purpose stuff. On the other hand, these Pagids will most certainly make some
noise when cold. However, improved ventilation will hopefully help to prevent overheating.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Ran the MX72 pads on the weekend in the CS. Very happy with them. Consistent performance all day long. Great bite, zero fade. To put it into context:
Stock MK7 CS including factory PZero
High temp fluid, TTRS brake air guides, dust guards removed. Stock rear pads.
Have made the adaptation to remove artificial assistance. However not 100% satisfied with the progressiveness of the pedal feel. More can be done still, as some others have found.
With these pads and the ability to lean on them heavily I soon found that my wheel alignment is either not quite right or the bushes aren't quite up to it, as I found the car squirmed quite a bit under heavy braking.
They also heat up really quickly on both the track and the street. On the street I can't even tell there is a compromise. No squeal and work from cold.
Will buy again!

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Ran the MX72 pads on the weekend in the CS. Very happy with them. Consistent performance all day long. Great bite, zero fade. To put it into context:
Stock MK7 CS including factory PZero
High temp fluid, TTRS brake air guides, dust guards removed. Stock rear pads.

Any perceived consequences with keeping the stock rear pads yet? Do you feel they fade out quickly when pushing the MX72's?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Any perceived consequences with keeping the stock rear pads yet? Do you feel they fade out quickly when pushing the MX72's?

Not that I noticed. Didn't get out the temp gun to check if they were being stressed. My thoughts are that on the cars with VAQ, the rears aren't used that much. Worth checking though. Will check the wear on the weekend.

BB, if you mean the VCDS changes, yes I've disabled the over-assistance.

With respect to Nengun (who I've used in the past for JDM) can report that their pricing is very good. I would have saved AU$90 (shipping included) if I purchased from them. The part number is EIP250 for the PP/R/CS front pads. Which comes up as MK6R on Nengun. Will be buying the next set there.

The vented rear brakes are pretty oversized on the GTI PP, Clubsport and R.
From what I know these are the biggest rears found on any hot hatch*. On
track you're highly likely sitting alone in the car or with just one passenger,
and secondly you're likely braking very hard. Bear in mind the resulting weight
shift/transfer which translates into very very low brake forces on rear (guess
no more than 5 to 15 %). As a consequence the rears likely won't get hotter
as they'd do driving in the mountains with three passengers.
Don't get me wrong though, feel free to swap the rears for the same compound
you're running on front, however swapping the rears isn't as important as doing
the fronts. It isn't even close. Despite that I understand if you want to run the
same compound on rear, in particular if they're done anyway.

;)

*Except the BMW M135i. Both the Audi RS3 and TT-RS run the same 310 mm
vented rears as the GTI PP, Clubsport, Clubsport S and R do. It's good for 400
horsepower and more.
Even (very most if not any) Volkswagen Motorsport's own racecars basically
either use to keep the stock rears (even though they certainly don't use stock
compounds) or even smaller (and lighter) ones. Remember the GTI TCR/VLN, the
Mk.6 GTI 24h and the Scirocco 24h. The latter did just run 370 mm fronts along
with non-vented 255 mm rears! Ours are bigger thus they remain cooler. Cooler
means we're fine running a milder compound.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
The vented rear brakes are pretty oversized on the GTI PP, Clubsport and R.
From what I know these are the biggest rears found on any hot hatch*. On
track you're highly likely sitting alone in the car or with just one passenger,
and secondly you're likely braking very hard. Bear in mind the resulting weight
shift/transfer which translates into very very low brake forces on rear (guess
no more than 5 to 15 %). As a consequence the rears likely won't get hotter
as they'd do driving in the mountains with three passengers.
Don't get me wrong though, feel free to swap the rears for the same compound
you're running on front, however swapping the rears isn't as important as doing
the fronts. It isn't even close. Despite that I understand if you want to run the
same compound on rear, in particular if they're done anyway.

;)

On track this totally makes sense and I've experienced the same. On my previous Honda (2013 Si HFP) my front rotors were indigo blue and smoking hot before my rears even started to get up to temp (Hawk HP+ & Blue). However, over the life of the car I swear I replaced the rear pads and rotors 3 times before I'd have to replace the fronts. It was a bizarre bias that just ate through rear brakes during daily driving.

This is my first VW (Canadian GTI - Non PP Autobahn) so my rear rotors aren't vented and are a little smaller. I was contemplating going for the MX72's on the fronts, but if I'm completely honest the price is ludicrous for an entire f/r set. Perhaps doable if the GTI can keep it's composure with a much more aggressive pad on front, but just wanted to hear some input from people who have some track time with that setup. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem. I'm down to only a few lapping days per season and don't want to get back into the habit of switching out pads/rotors at the track anymore. Need something that will do dual duty. Are the DS2500's similar to the MX72's in this regard?

Sorry to thread hijack ...

Are the DS2500's similar to the MX72's in this regard?
Yes, similar in that manner that they're both proper dual-purpose pads.
They're popular, they're an alternative, and I'd say they should be fine
on rear along with MX72s on front.

That said, I wouldn't lose my precious sleep over the non-vented rears.

;)

undertrip

Car(s)
GTI Clubsport
Not that I noticed. Didn't get out the temp gun to check if they were being stressed. My thoughts are that on the cars with VAQ, the rears aren't used that much. Worth checking though. Will check the wear on the weekend.

BB, if you mean the VCDS changes, yes I've disabled the over-assistance.

With respect to Nengun (who I've used in the past for JDM) can report that their pricing is very good. I would have saved AU$90 (shipping included) if I purchased from them. The part number is EIP250 for the PP/R/CS front pads. Which comes up as MK6R on Nengun. Will be buying the next set there.

i just contacted Nengun and they said they dont offer the endless mx72 for any mk7 golf, are you sure that the fronts and rears that is listed for the mk6 R will fit my Clubsport?

From what I remember EIP250 is correct for PP, R and CS on front.
I doubt the same pads actually do fit a Mk6 R and if Negun do say
so, they're most probably wrong. However, that doesn't matter to
us as long as they do fit a GTI Clubsport (which I'm sure they will).

*Mk6 R pads should be smaller shape

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Yes EIP250 is what I fitted. So just get that part number and you'll be fine.

Further feedback on MX72 pads. Have tracked them twice now and they were fantastic. Only negative is that I did get quite a bit of pad transfer after the first track event. I think this is because they weren't bedded in correctly. Even though I did follow the manufacturers instructions.

undertrip

Car(s)
GTI Clubsport
Yes EIP250 is what I fitted. So just get that part number and you'll be fine.

Further feedback on MX72 pads. Have tracked them twice now and they were fantastic. Only negative is that I did get quite a bit of pad transfer after the first track event. I think this is because they weren't bedded in correctly. Even though I did follow the manufacturers instructions.

what about the rears?

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
what about the rears?

Rear part number for European-spec GTI PP, Clubsport and all R's (including North American market) is EIP251. Nengun cannot confirm that they fit our cars, as Endless itself does not confirm it. You'll be fine with these. I think I was the first that bought them after tons of research to find the right part numbers.
By the way, they are the best fast road pad. I find the modulation perfect, probably the poster above did not change the rotors, as I did. The OEM discs are not that good and you can even see it. Rust in the non-friction areas? Unacceptable in a car of it's price.