GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't think the R gets power cut due to the torque limit does it?

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I had it deactivated on my day R for a few months and just recently put it back to strong. It feels much more responsive and lively with it back to strong. Torque limitation is still deactivated.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
My traction control is already deactivated....

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Its the starting vibration not the traction control option

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
I read through 200 posts and i got impatient and need to ask...

Has there been a find for the cars that can only set to "normal"?
15 GTI 6mt and from i read it looks like. Lot of 14-15 models couldnt get a "deactivate" option.

Is there a long coding option? Steps?

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Thanks all. I got ahold of a cable. It worked like a charm with vcds. Was able to set starting vibration reduction to Deactivated on 2017 Sport dsg.

Definitely a bug obdeleven needs to fix, which they said they were working on.
If you dont mind sharing but what were the steps you took via vcds to set to deactivate. I have a 2015 model and obdeleven only lets me bring it so far as normal. Going to try with vcds next...

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Just wanted to chime in - great thread and many thanks to OP! In my case "limiter" was deactivated and I switched "vibration" from strong to normal (deactivated was an option but I wanted to track changes first). I'm a '16 GTI S DSG, tuned by Stratified with Cobb TC added.

So the results: Butt dyno says it was a stronger WOT pull in 3rd. In the logs themselves, my very first 91 oct. tune file from Stratified shows "Torque Actual (ft-lb)" (a calculated value) at a peak of 312 ft-lb at 4800 rpm; the same file now is 339 ft-lb at 4800 rpm after the adaptation tweak. Cobb TC was set to multiplier 1 both times and roads were the same. So there was a power bump with no obvious negative effects in my case.

Last edited:

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
I read through 200 posts and i got impatient and need to ask...

Has there been a find for the cars that can only set to "normal"?
15 GTI 6mt and from i read it looks like. Lot of 14-15 models couldnt get a "deactivate" option.

Is there a long coding option? Steps?

Pull green 40amp ABS fuse in the engine bay fuse box. The only way I can turn it off on my early 2015.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
This works on my MY16 Golf wagon which is tuned. I can tell the difference.

Jofa73

Passed Driver's Ed
My XDS is set normal when look with the OBD eleven.

Can someone explain the different if i ckoice deaktivated or strong that is a option.. )

XDS is the diff, Do you have an performance pack gti? , starting vibration is what you want to disable if you want full torque in lower gears.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
XDS is the diff, Do you have an performance pack gti? , starting vibration is what you want to disable if you want full torque in lower gears.

Yes i have the PP :) .But was i the different from strong to deaktivated..:confused::D

I will test to deaktivate the starting vibration, i want to have full torgue in lower gear :D

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes i have the PP :) .But was i the different from strong to deaktivated..:confused::D

I will test to deaktivate the starting vibration, i want to have full torgue in lower gear :D

It's just as it sounds. Starting vibration reduction is deactivated.

When set to strong, torque is cut in the first few gears in order to reduce vibration (wheel hop). When set to deactivated, torque is not cut.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
It's just as it sounds. Starting vibration reduction is deactivated.

When set to strong, torque is cut in the first few gears in order to reduce vibration (wheel hop). When set to deactivated, torque is not cut.

Alright :)

But one more question! :D

The "starting vibration" mod is a different mode to the change in the XDS ?

It is two different mods? :)

Trying to know exactly what i will do to my new GTI-18 ;):D