GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Here is a log of my run at the track. Everyone usually stages pretty quick so I generally start launch control right after staging. He did not stage right away so I had to let off the throttle and start launch control again. The is the mess that you see at the beginning of the log. I wasn't hitting targets in 1st and 2nd gear and I got some boost spikes at the beginning of 3rd and 4th. Not the best logs on the planet but it ran well enough. Going to try to clean it up some and hit the track again.

http://www.datazap.me/u/4motiongsw/milan-data-log-13464-10158?log=0&data=1-4-5-6-9-14-15-18-19-25-26-27-28

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I was going off of wy2sl0's list, so maybe? It's very impressive regardless. How similar are their engines to ours, and what mods have been done to that polo to achieve that? 113 mph is insane for a 1.8, most of the GTI's 2.0's are struggling to get there even with stage 2!

ROW fuel system too I believe though, thats why NA list is separate :) Amazing time though.
Ill add your time for the wagon 4Mo. :)

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Can someone please let me know the torque specs for the turbo to block bolts?

venmfnvenom

Looks like 25 Nm?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for this guide I will attempt this myself in a few days. Hopefully I have a running car after.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I was going off of wy2sl0's list, so maybe? It's very impressive regardless. How similar are their engines to ours, and what mods have been done to that polo to achieve that? 113 mph is insane for a 1.8, most of the GTI's 2.0's are struggling to get there even with stage 2!
The compression looks to be the same so chances are the bottom end is the same. The head has valve lift on the exhaust valves so better flow at higher rpm. Because boost is a measurement of restriction we generally run them at lower boost levels 1-2psi than the US motors. Car has downpipe (possibly full exhaust), intake and meth.
We worked with a tuning shop on this one so I cant post up logs.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Do we need to remove the downpipe fully or just disconnect it from the turbo? The TSB says just to move it to the side!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It's a lot easier if you remove it fully, and that's not too much extra work with the FWD models.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
It's a lot easier if you remove it fully, and that's not too much extra work with the FWD models.

confirm the same. Removal of downpipe takes me ~10-15min on jackstands. Much easier space wise to remove it.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Nothing particularly relevant to anything else, but I finally got some more e85 in my tank. I switched back to my high boost tune for the time being and took this beautiful log:
http://datazap.me/u/meltedsolid/log-1500620228?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-18-25-26-27-28

It really is amazing the staggering difference just a little bit of ethanol makes, not just in cleaning up the timing but in the shear amount of power that can be achieved. It's the difference between being on the limit of traction in 2nd during the peak torque range of 3500-4500rpm, and absolutely blowing the wheels off through all of 2nd even well past the peak torque range. I highly recommend trying it out if you have the ability, it really is miracle juice.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I cant get the engine block line to move it is wiggling but cant pull it out or even put a screw driver behind it..

Last edited: