GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowest Lowering Spring for the 1.8t

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
I know FK springs claim 1.8" Drop but don't mention if its the same for the 1.8t or the gti. neuspeed race springs that claim 2.2" drops for the 1.8t and 1.8" drop for the gti.

Reason I ask is Im looking to go lower then 2" on my 19x8.5 on 215/35/19. I do plan on getting bags when the time comes since, but I don't know if I should just go cheap coil overs for now.

I just want to get rid of my gap right now.

Attachments

• golf.jpg
    golf.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 464

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I'd recommend ED springs if you decide springs route. They are linear and dropped my 1.8T more than advertised.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
If you want that much of a drop, I would highly recommend going with CO's. However, I wouldn't cheap out and go with least expensive ones you can find. The ST X (adjustable height/fixed damping) or ST XTA (adjustable height/adjustable damping) are great choices. They are designed in conjunction with KW in Germany and thus offer great value.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspens...-coilover-system-fixed-damping/1328000h~st50/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspens...oilover-system-adjustable-damping/1828080gkt/

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want that much of a drop, I would highly recommend going with CO's. However, I wouldn't cheap out and go with least expensive ones you can find. The ST X (adjustable height/fixed damping) or ST XTA (adjustable height/adjustable damping) are great choices. They are designed in conjunction with KW in Germany and thus offer great value.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspens...-coilover-system-fixed-damping/1328000h~st50/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-suspens...oilover-system-adjustable-damping/1828080gkt/

I would go that route but since I'm still deciding on bags im not sure if its worth it at that price point. I will keep this in mind once thou, Thanks :)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You won't be happy with springs, if you want to close the gap. My gti is in VWR and I still hate how high it sits, but being married everything is a compromise...so wheel gap and happy wife > coils (she'd kill me if I spent the money for bags) ha

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I would go that route but since I'm still deciding on bags im not sure if its worth it at that price point. I will keep this in mind once thou, Thanks :)

Totally understand. I can't stand the stock stance on the TSI. I call it the "silly stance" haha! This is my biggest complaint about the stock TSI. I went with the VW DG sport springs for a 25-30mm drop. I have to deal with bad winter roads and they have been great thus far with over 20k on them. They sit a tad bit higher than the ED springs shown above, but not by much. VWR springs for the TSI sit about 5 mm lower than the DG springs...my guess is the ED's are similar. That said, these 3 milder spring solutions will all still set much higher than the 2.2" drop you talking about with the Nuespeeds.

The evidence thus far shows the DG's are the safest bet if the rest of the suspension is kept stock, but the ED's and VWR's are the next in line. The lower you go, the faster the stock struts\shocks will wear out. If you are only going to ride on them for a little while, then perhaps going lower than the 3 above won't be as much as an issue for you. Installation can get expensive unless you do it yourself, or have someone that can do it on the cheap. My dealer wanted $500 for the install/alignment and over $300 for the DG springs, so I gave them the one finger salute! I then bought the same springs from DAP for $230 and had them installed by a forum member for $80. Alignment was like $75 from a place that I trusted. Car looks much better and handles a little better than stock. They are still very stock like. For tracking, I would at least want to go with the ST X CO's, but this isn't a concern for me. Would love to get a set of those at some point so I can go lower if I want, but an IC will likely be next step for me.