GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno runs for Alltrack?

sponger85

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Alltrack & 20 GTI
Just curious, has anyone seen dyno runs for the Alltrack model?

Of course there are dyno runs for the standard Golf (hatch and wagon) which pull ~200lb of torque stock (vs the rated 184lb).

I wonder if the Alltrack actually has 15lb more torque as VW claims or if it is a marketing trick.

In any case, I ordered a JB1 and hope to put it in this weekend.

Cheers!

jon_snow

Here You have mine. On 98RON fuel. 200bhp.

sponger85

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Alltrack & 20 GTI

Here You have mine. On 98RON fuel. 200bhp.

Thank you!

So from looking at the image, does it show your baseline brake torque as ~310Nm (~229ft-lb after conversion)?

I assume whp & wtq would be estimated at 15% less for ~170whp & ~195ft-lb, correct?

If that is the case, the extra torque advertised for the Alltrack is really not extra (beyond what 1.8TSI puts out in the other MK7 models).

Cheers!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
From what I remember the 200 ftlbs vs 184 ftlbs difference is for the automatic and manual transmissions of all golfs with the 1.8t, and not specific to the alltrack. It doesn't make much of a difference in the long run though.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
From what I remember the 200 ftlbs vs 184 ftlbs difference is for the automatic and manual transmissions of all golfs with the 1.8t, and not specific to the alltrack. It doesn't make much of a difference in the long run though.

Agreed, that is correct. The standard Golf auto trans was rated from the factory at 200 ft\lbs. The 184 vs 200 was a common misunderstanding about the auto vs manual, likely because several automotive websites had the specs incorrect.

jon_snow

Agreed, that is correct. The standard Golf auto trans was rated from the factory at 200 ft\lbs. The 184 vs 200 was a common misunderstanding about the auto vs manual, likely because several automotive websites had the specs incorrect.

In EU we have two versions:
CJSA - 180bhp/250nm
CJSB - 180bhp/280nm - this is mine.

The difference is drive: CJSB is 4x4 and CSJA is fw. Transimssion doesn't affect the parameters. Auto and manual are the same.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
In EU we have two versions:
CJSA - 180bhp/250nm
CJSB - 180bhp/280nm - this is mine.

The difference is drive: CJSB is 4x4 and CSJA is fw. Transimssion doesn't affect the parameters. Auto and manual are the same.

So basically your 280 is about equivalent to our automatic cars.

jon_snow

It Was tricky :). I think You have the same. VW website says: 4x4 199 LB-FT OF TORQUE and FWD has 184 LB-FT OF TORQUE. So drive makes a difference not a transimsion.

sponger85

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 Alltrack & 20 GTI
Interesting... I know VW advertises the Alltrack with 199ftlb, regardless of transmission, so maybe they also gave the manual the extra boost from the factory. I guess a dyno run with a manual version of the Alltrack is needed to verify that.

Anyways, I am installing a Burger JB1 this weekend so it is not like it will matter what the factory rating is. I was just curious if it was just for marketing a new model or an actual boost.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Interesting... I know VW advertises the Alltrack with 199ftlb, regardless of transmission, so maybe they also gave the manual the extra boost from the factory. I guess a dyno run with a manual version of the Alltrack is needed to verify that.

Anyways, I am installing a Burger JB1 this weekend so it is not like it will matter what the factory rating is. I was just curious if it was just for marketing a new model or an actual boost.

It's likely that is because the alltrack uses the MQ350 transmission from the GTI and R.

Burgei1

Alltrack engine specs

It's likely that is because the alltrack uses the MQ350 transmission from the GTI and R.

I have a 2018 6MT Alltrack, and if you look in the manual for the engine specifications, it clearly provides specs for two different engines. One is coded CXBA and the other CXBB. Both are rated for 170hp, but the CXBA is rated for 184 lb/ft or torque, and CXBB is rated for 199lb/ft. All Golf models with a 5MT get the CXBA engine, and those with automatic get the CXBB. This I know. As for what engine the 4Motion GSW with the 6MT or the Alltrack with the 6MT gets, I’m quite confused actually. When I spoke to VW customer service, they told me that the 6MT Alltrack is rated for the lower 184 lb/ft of torque, so therefore the CXBA engine. But when I look at the engine code in my 6MT Alltrack, it states that i have the CXBB engine, so 199 lb/ft of torque. So it looks like even VW deosn’t Know for certain...

As for the transmission, what makes you think that the Alltrack gets the MQ350 unit? Do you know this for certain?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Customer service never knows what they're talking about, the only way to get a true answer from a company as big as VW is to either do the research yourself, ask one of the engineers directly(for all practical purposes impossible), or find a mechanic who is super knowledgeable about specifically the alltrack which is rare. I don't really know if what I said above is true. It has been passed around and seems to make at least a bit of sense considering the alltrack's awd system is based on the golf R's awd system. Why are you wondering?

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
As for the transmission, what makes you think that the Alltrack gets the MQ350 unit? Do you know this for certain?

I would assume that if they use the same transmission for the DSG models (which they do) then they would for manual transmissions as well.

If you really want to know for sure hook up vcds, or an obdeleven and you can find that information for yourself [emoji1303]

Burgei1

Customer service never knows what they're talking about, the only way to get a true answer from a company as big as VW is to either do the research yourself, ask one of the engineers directly(for all practical purposes impossible), or find a mechanic who is super knowledgeable about specifically the alltrack which is rare. I don't really know if what I said above is true. It has been passed around and seems to make at least a bit of sense considering the alltrack's awd system is based on the golf R's awd system. Why are you wondering?

I just want to know what I have. And as for the transmission, I would like to do a tune and just want to be sure that the transmission, the clutch primarily, can handle it. If it is the MQ350, then it for sure will. I also agree that it makes sense that it is the MQ350, but i’m Just the kinda guy who wants to know for certain. Cheers!