GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Golf S 5 speed MT first mods?

kkingma

Ready to race!
My DG springs go on next week. So stoked about that... finally (5k miles on the car now)

Here is the scary gap (17x7.5 et49 VW Salamanca wheels)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Good list. I don't think the DV+ or turbo muffler delete are necessary, but as you can see below I have a turbo muffler delete :p. Also, I definitely agree with going for coilovers first and skipping springs; the coilovers made a far greater difference than when I just had springs and don't compromise the car's composure like the springs did.

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect, nice list of mods, based on your experience is there particular type of coilovers that you would suggest? This is my DD but I would like to improve upon the stock body roll .

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
Mode#2-Tinted with Johnson Renegade film 50/20, I wish I went with 50/5.....bur I am happy with this as well, I was going for the contrast and originally planned to do back only but decided to take the advantage of the solar protection for the front as well and 50% was the lightest film they had available....

Attachments

• golf 1.jpg
    golf 1.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 440
  • golf 2.jpg
    golf 2.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 426
  • golf 3.jpg
    golf 3.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 432

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
I am set on DG springs as my next mod but I would also like to consider replacing shocks, what is your experience with any of the Bilsteins (B6 and B8) or Konis (Sport/yellow and Str.t/orange)?

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I haven't had any experience with either shocks but from I've read Bilstein B8 is the way to go.

I reused my original shocks as I put ED springs when the car had less than 400 miles on the clock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
My DG springs go on next week. So stoked about that... finally (5k miles on the car now)

Here is the scary gap (17x7.5 et49 VW Salamanca wheels)

Have you put them on. How do you like your ride now?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

kkingma

Ready to race!

Installed and loving it. Ride is comfy like stock but better in the corners. The rear is slightly lower than the front so I'll probably do the TT pads this winter.