GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI - Various issues front head light (passenger side)

ehsu.ok

I've owned this GTI for almost 2 years now, and I've had to take the car in for multiple repairs, a total of 9 visits, all related to the front light. They've replaced the body control module/DRL module, and even completely changed out the entire head light. I think at this point, I'm wondering if there is something else causing this issue, as of this afternoon, the "Check DRL" warning light came on again, though I don't see any flickering right now, and it seems to be working despite the warning. Anyone have a similar experience? I went 3 months without any issues...knock on wood, its happened again. :mad::confused::(

Elwood

3-7-77
I've had those warnings on several vehicles. It tells you the bulb is out, but it works. Its always been do to a poor connection. The connector might be properly installed on the bulb, but either the connector is dirty or damaged, or one of the wires has a poor connection to the connector. You may even have a pinched wire somewhere. The slightest movement and it works or doesn't work.