GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer didn't replace air filter?

Stonsey

I had a full inspection service carried out at 20000miles. This was just over 2 weeks ago, 1000 miles. I was under the bonnet filling up the screen wash and noticed how dusty the top of the air filter housing was. (I wiped the left hand side before taking photo)

I undid the torx screws to get at the filter because I thought it difficult for it to get that dusty in a short time and believed that it hadn't been touched.

There was quite a lot of debris on the unfiltered side of the box and the filter is dirty, also the date stamp is from oct 2015. (Supposed to be 2 weeks old 1000 miles)

I'm pretty confident that the air filters not been done, I'm unsure wether the fuel filter has been changed, the outside of the housing was grubby and im sure would have had diesel spilt on it and been wiped off if it was changed, but I can't prove this. I did check if the pollen filter has been changed and it has, got a 2017 date stamp on it.

Does anyone else think it's an old filter?

What's the best way of confronting the dealer about this?
Tia

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Need a better picture of the filter. It doesn't look that dirty. My MK5's filter was still looking good at 40,000 miles.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
. , I'm unsure wether the fuel filter has been changed, the outside of the housing was grubby and im sure would have had diesel spilt on it and been wiped off if it was changed, but I can't prove this. I did check if the pollen filter has been changed and it has, got a 2017 date stamp on it.

Does anyone else think it's an old filter?

What's the best way of confronting the dealer about this?
Tia

The fuel filter like air filter on the UK GTD is also not scheduled for change for a long while yet ( fuel filter due 90,000kms- 56k miles- air filter is the same mileage apart from six year change point if less mileage so your dealer is correct.