GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poll for APR Map Switching

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hey brothers from another mother! There's a poll going on in the GTI threads about whether or not we are interested in getting map switching in some form for APR tunes. Would be great to get your vote and/or comments in that thread. After all, deep down we all have MQB in common, haha.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32639

To be honest, there are a lot of guys here that love the JB4. For me, if not the JB4, I'd rather Cobb come out with an access port for the 1.8 over APR.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
IF I were to tune, yes.
JB1-JB4 can be set up to basically do this, yes?
But it would nice to run 87 / 93 as desired with APR. Like the APR left foot brake thing and wouldn't be inclined to do a lot of the JB tweaking.

I have quarrels or arguments with the JB1 crowd :)

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
IF I were to tune, yes.
JB1-JB4 can be set up to basically do this, yes?
But it would nice to run 87 / 93 as desired with APR. Like the APR left foot brake thing and wouldn't be inclined to do a lot of the JB tweaking.

I have quarrels or arguments with the JB1 crowd :)

JB1 is extremely limited vs. the JB4. There are things the JB4 can't do though. The Cobb can do these things and more. So far they seem to be outshining any other flash tune and you can get much better support depending on which protuner. Ian at MA performance is very active on here and Jon from 5150 seems to be just as dedicated as George is. Factor in the pricing and I feel like APR just missed the boat. They need to come out with something that alters their current pricing strategies. Unfortunately they may be too invested in the APR+ tune from the dealers to go to far into anything else right now. Who knows though. They have always been leaders in the VAG world, Maybe they have some tricks and surprises left for everyone.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
The cobb currently does a little more, but the JB4 gets people to no fuss stage 2 levels for $380. And if you want to fuss a little, you can get past stage 2. 1.8 golfs with over 280 wheel hp using nothing more than an is20, a JB4 and a couple emails to George is some kinda strange gift.

380+400(is20)-300(sold is12)=$480 for 100 wheel hp.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
They have always been leaders in the VAG world, Maybe they have some tricks and surprises left for everyone.

Sorry TwinDad, APR has done amazing stuff. But Ron Jeremy Will always be the leader in the VAG world.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Agreed. I love industry competition, that constant push to put out a superior product.

I seriously considered a JB4 before going APR. The only thing that held me back was the idea of the piggyback not having 100% ECU control. Of course, JB4 does phenomenal for what it is. More important, George at BMS is a big help to the community, and other folks too as mentioned.