GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Spent all evening installing the new kw v1's. Ride height needs adjusting still so they are just set up to be broken in. The rude quality it's incredible. Night and day over the springs. Can't wait to get back to the track now.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Some more CSCS prep. Tow hooks are required and I am going to try and make this work instead of the stock tow hook. Just need to a find a bolt with the matching thread size.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
So my current set if re71r's are slowly wearing out. 4 track days and some use in between but they are still good for another 2 maybe 3 track days if I rotate them.

With cscs time attack coming up I decided to grab another set. This time I'm gonna squeeze in a 245/40/17. I'll put these on prior to the race and then run them out. Once these are done I'll throw on the current 235s for the remainder of their life. I have come to conclusion I need two sets to get me through a season of tracking/lapping on the regular.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I also got back to TMP last Friday to shake down the new suspension and track focused alignment. What a world of difference they made. Completely different car to drive. Hitting apexs and keeping up corner speed has never been so easy. Honestly amazed with how much of a difference these made.

Shaved off over 2 seconds. Best prior was a 1:25.8 and I have a best lap on Friday of 1:23.6 while averaging in the low 1:24s all evening.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ok so the new Gloc r12 race pads came in. These things are no joke!

They have a crazy heat range from 175f to 1900f which should serve me well on the track. The initial bite is very aggressive. Can't wait to get these out at the track asap.

New tires are going on today as well. Then I have to remove my meth pump to pass inspection for next week's time attack. Now allowed in my class. Lots to do. Never ends it's seems lol.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Major update. Lots of things to share with you guys.

I'm going all out to compete in time attack at this point.

First off new parts.

Decided it was time to get serious. Picked up this sparco sprint seat in red ofcourse. Aluminum side rails with bracket and slider. Floor bracket is still being shipped in. This is honestly going to help so much for track days/racing. Can't wait to get it installed.

Next up my rear sway bar showed up. Right after my first CSCS time attack event....either way. This is another must and should help with getting the car to rotate a little more.

Also want to give a little update on how the G-loc r12 pads perform. Honestly I couldn't be happier. I was hammering the brakes at 190 and coming down to 100 for a turn in like it was nothing. They always had bite and just flat our perform. Loud as a truck but gave me so much confidence.

The new re71r 245/40/17 tires were used once and then sold. Not because they are a bad tire bit when your competitors are all using Trofeo R's that run about 2 seconds faster and the event organizers give you two new tires if you win while using them I have no choice. Ordered a second set of kojins. Same rim I'm using now and picked up a set of 225/45/17 trofeo R's today. The 225 fits more like a 245/255 according to the rep.

Plus a few pics from the last time attack event. I ended up 4th overall.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Very epic as always man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
More parts.....

New bms silver exhaust tips were out on along with the new bms oil catch can.

Also installed a new intake. Not that anything was wrong with the bms intake but a friend who has his own business that makes intakes and hybrid turbos offered this to me for a good price. Couldn't say no. Dbv2 intake and turbo muffler delete are in.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I assume you're using the stock 3pt seatbelt with the sparco? No problems there? lap belt fits snug around your hip etc?

JJ

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I assume you're using the stock 3pt seatbelt with the sparco? No problems there? lap belt fits snug around your hip etc?

JJ
Don't have it installed yet. Waiting for the brackets. But yes the seat belt goes through the side cutout out to fit snug.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
New tow strap with go pro adapter. Hoping to get some cool angles on the track.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Picked up a unibrace from a local part out for a steal. Really surprised how much it stiffened up the rear end. I'll know more once I push it at the track.

Finally got the new seat in. Install was tricky but so worth it. Pretty comfortable and very functional. It just holds you in place around corners. No more bracing myself with my knee in corners...

Also got the exact same wheels to mount the trofeo R tires on.

Next race is this Sunday. New track layout that no one has ever driven on. Going to be interesting.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
My friend Daniel from DBV2 called me up and told me about his new turbo blanket. I met up with him last night to install it. Easy to do in a lift. I wasn't expecting to see any results. Just the potential to keep engine temps down. Right sway though my oil temps dropped by 6-8 degrees. Looks good too.

Also got the new trofeo R tires mounted by a friend. What a crazy mounting machine. Takes a video while it installs the tire. If the machine scratches the wheel the company replaces it.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Got out to the track again. First time with the rear sway bad and unibrace. What a difference. Honestly don't know how I was driving without them. Posted a 1:22. 5 which was 6/10ths of second faster than my previous Pb. The car just rotated so well. Back dancing around and I could point my noise in any which way I wanted.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Finally got the decal kit installed. Was very difficult and far from perfect but it turned out pretty good.