GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing those now!

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Like Breaking Badly said, looks are personal. I think they make the car look like a bicycle with that many spokes personally. The stock clubsport wheels were pretty badass and unique.
I got rid of the old ones because they looked to me like bicycle wheels [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Black GTI in UAE. They call it hot hatch for reason;)
Hesitated a lot as it is very duty here in Dubai. But couldn't resist the temptation ???

2Germans

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ I think they look great!!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
They look great! Black on black is a personal preference (ask Batman for example).
19"??
What are your first impressions on them? Increase noise?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Wheels/Tires

Tamer,

Not hating on the wheels. I like OZ as they make a good wheel. I have a set of Leggera's. But I am concerned about the increased weight.
I am not an expert but from my research and experience so far with the GTI, I would worry about the increased weight you added to each wheel.
The added weight can and likely will accelerate the wear process on the car. Items such as Lower Control Arms, Wheel Bearings, Shocks, etc will likely have issues much fast, and likely break should you impact a large enough hole or road joint. You have almost 10 more pounds of weight rotating and having to be held in place and controlled.

It is your car and choice and you will be one to deal with it.
I get the impression you are ok with this from more pictures being posted.

So, this was just for help, if wanted.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Tamer,

Not hating on the wheels. I like OZ as they make a good wheel. I have a set of Leggera's. But I am concerned about the increased weight.
I am not an expert but from my research and experience so far with the GTI, I would worry about the increased weight you added to each wheel.
The added weight can and likely will accelerate the wear process on the car. Items such as Lower Control Arms, Wheel Bearings, Shocks, etc will likely have issues much fast, and likely break should you impact a large enough hole or road joint. You have almost 10 more pounds of weight rotating and having to be held in place and controlled.

It is your car and choice and you will be one to deal with it.
I get the impression you are ok with this from more pictures being posted.

So, this was just for help, if wanted.
Sandman thanks for ur strong support and advice.

What do u suggest?

Are there any parts that I better change to match the newly added weight?!

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Side note . . . I WANT THAT WING!!!! That looks super clean!
[emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] believe or not I called VW to ask for removal of that wing. I couldn't stand it in the first few days but then it grew on me and I now love it. BTW this is an Oettinger spoiler that vw installed at their workshop.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed

What do u suggest?

I guess I should have asked!!!!! Or at least followed ur advice and waited until I'm more aware!!!!!!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

What do u suggest?

That is the hard part. The wheel and tire package make up most of the weight in this area and to off set it is not really possible. Also the tire/wheel occupies the most critical location that heavy weight can affect a car. Think about the change. Lets say the OE wheel/tire package at each corners weighs 55lbs. My summer tire/wheel in comparison is 50lbs. Your new OZ package weighs 65lbs. This extra weight is not spinning and bumping up and down every where you go. There are some suspension items that can be installed to reduce weight of the vehicle but they are not located in this critical tire area. Picture at bottom is a light weight Lower Control Arm - example. 44% lighter than stock arm.

There are not many options other than picking a new wheel that makes the wheel/tire package at least closer to OE weight. Are there no other wheels similar that you like? In the USA we can search by wheel weight on "Tire Rack" web site for options available. Sorry to bring this up, I know new wheels if a fun experience.

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
That is the hard part. The wheel and tire package make up most of the weight in this area and to off set it is not really possible. Also the tire/wheel occupies the most critical location that heavy weight can affect a car. Think about the change. Lets say the OE wheel/tire package at each corners weighs 55lbs. My summer tire/wheel in comparison is 50lbs. Your new OZ package weighs 65lbs. This extra weight is not spinning and bumping up and down every where you go. There are some suspension items that can be installed to reduce weight of the vehicle but they are not located in this critical tire area. Picture at bottom is a light weight Lower Control Arm - example. 44% lighter than stock arm.

There are not many options other than picking a new wheel that makes the wheel/tire package at least closer to OE weight. Are there no other wheels similar that you like? In the USA we can search by wheel weight on "Tire Rack" web site for options available. Sorry to bring this up, I know new wheels if a fun experience.

View attachment 15933

View attachment 15934
I hate to be so demanding Sandman. Can u please tell me the weight I should look for??? Wheels only and in 19 inches as I don't want to go back to 18.

I have seen a really nice wheel on oettinger website but I failed to get to know it's weight!!!

I can use current ones for couple of months until then?!

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I got rid of the old ones because they looked to me like bicycle wheels [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Hahaha! See to each their own! I'm assuming you had the Belvedere's that were mentioned above then? Was thinking you might've had the Brescia ones. Those are the ones I was talking about. Either way, it's your whip man, if you're happy, who cares what anyone else thinks. :) cheers!

Oh, and that pic at the pump, makes em look much better to me, fwiw.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
looks hot. at the end of the day, you'll probably enjoy driving it more even with the performance consequences, so whatever makes you happy.

Like personally I think those on air bags and "stancing" need to get their head checked, but they like that stuff so more power to them.