GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2-DOOR

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
No MK7 R is 2 door in the USA. GTIs had 2 door models till last year model.

There also a few unicorn 2017 GTI two doors in the first few weeks of production, but they were sold fast.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you, I'll try to hunt one of those down.

Somebody on this forum bought one last fall. I'm guessing there are probably less than 500 of them out there.

Autotrader shows......

one for sale. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/New+Cars/2017/Volkswagen/GTI/Milford+DE-19963?doorCode=2&doorCodes=2&endYear=2017&firstRecord=0&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&makeCode1=VOLKS&mmt=%5BVOLKS%5BGTI%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=GTI&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=68725503&startYear=2017&Log=0&showcaseListingId=456178000&captureSearch=true&fromSIP=S_vrD4E3XBxnDorwVdkN1tgo

The VW dealer even comments, "Only one New '17 left in the Nation!! The Unicorn of GTI's!!"

Last edited:

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
The real unicorns will be low trim 2-Door GTIs with PP and LP (cloth).

Had they made the R with 2 doors I would have never bought my 4 door.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The real unicorns will be low trim 2-Door GTIs with PP and LP (cloth).

Had they made the R with 2 doors I would have never bought my 4 door.

I had a two-door Mk VI GTI, and I really appreciate the four-door R. I don't know if I could own another two-door car that wasn't say a Cayman or something like that. It's just so much more convenient to toss the briefcase in behind the driver's seat, or get the dogs in the back seat, etc.

But, yeah, the looks of many two-door cars are nice; some coupes are really sexy. But I just think, too, of those often ginormous doors swinging open in tight parking spaces.... Well, not Golf doors so much, but there are quite a few others that are huge.

saveywil1

I went from a 2 door 15 MK7 GTi to the R. If I'm super honest I think the proportions on the 2 door are better.. but I'm a wagon lover and I think 5 door almost looks like a mini wagon.. almost.