GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dallas VW Owners

Dr. Q

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi, Miata, F150
A lot of bikes ride those roads so please be careful not to cross the center! :)

I'm in the Dallas area but I'm still working on getting the Golf. Working with Ford to term my lease early due to the seatbelt recall and no parts available but so far not having much luck. I'll have a Golf by July either way though.

why would anyone attempt to make corners less curvy... why o why??

I am (was?) one of those A*holes attempting to balance on 2...

Q

Poor drivers driving beyond their limits taking turns too fast and understeering over the center line. Sucks but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kairojya

Passed Driver's Ed
Poor drivers driving beyond their limits taking turns too fast and understeering over the center line. Sucks but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I routinely get stuck behind people (who seem to be just normal commuters on these roads) who cut the double yellows in corners. It's maddening. Occasionally I get to witness 2 of these types of people driving through the same corner going in opposite ways, and laugh as they over-correct to prevent from hitting each other, and nearly run wide off the road.

I've owned a few sportbikes in the past, when I lived in FL. I'm happy to be back into cars and not riding a bike here in Dallas.

I routinely get stuck behind people (who seem to be just normal commuters on these roads) who cut the double yellows in corners. It's maddening. Occasionally I get to witness 2 of these types of people driving through the same corner going in opposite ways, and laugh as they over-correct to prevent from hitting each other, and nearly run wide off the road.

I've owned a few sportbikes in the past, when I lived in FL. I'm happy to be back into cars and not riding a bike here in Dallas.

That's insane.

When I ride those roads I never take a corner hard blind. If I can't see through it I ride normally. I don't trust any of the drivers here.

It's funny, I used to ride in NY, and it's completely different here. I would never ride in NY again.

Dr. Q

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi, Miata, F150
That's insane.

When I ride those roads I never take a corner hard blind. If I can't see through it I ride normally. I don't trust any of the drivers here.

It's funny, I used to ride in NY, and it's completely different here. I would never ride in NY again.

I never had an issue in or around NYC, Washington DC however is another story.

Drivers here (TX more specifically, but applies to most US) are just don't take driving seriously...

Q

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
As of a week ago proud owner of a Pure White 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG w/ PP. Live in Carrollton/Colony area.

Dr. Q

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi, Miata, F150
Another successful outing on 455.

it's quite obvious how weak the stock tires and brakes are on the car. Looking into upgrades.

Cheers

Q

acg2010

If anyone is looking for a set of Austins, I have one for sale. 400 bucks. They have approx 75 miles on them. They've just been sitting in my closet in boxes. Need to unload them. North Dallas area.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
anybody know a good place to get a clear bra/film installed for hood and front bumper? noticing others complaining about the soft/thin clear coat and paint

kairojya

Passed Driver's Ed
anybody know a good place to get a clear bra/film installed for hood and front bumper? noticing others complaining about the soft/thin clear coat and paint

I used Stratashield Customs, LLC for XPEL Ultimate custom installed on the entire front of my car. They did pretty good work at an amazing price relative to what other XPEL installers charge. They operate out of RAC Performance: http://www.racperformance.com/ and do mostly new car installs for a Porsche dealership nearby. Ask for Houston, he can give you a quote.

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Just installed the OEM "Enhanced VW Mirror" that includes homelink, auto dimming, and compass. For anyone wanting to rid themselves of their janky garage door openers this is the ONLY way to go in my opinion. I'd highly recommend it. It 100% retains the OEM fit and finish like it was supposed to be there all along. Plug and play too. Happy to help anyone that's thinking about tackling the install. It's a bit tricky but I'm familiar with it now.

Also, if anyone is looking for a new OEM Golf R downpipe, come and get it. Mine came off before I even left the dealership. Totally free as long as you bring me two sixpacks of craft beer! ;)