GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Dyno! 2017 SE Manual

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,
New guy here. Just picked up a brand new 17" SE Manual last month. Decided to throw it on the dyno before I start modding. To my surprise, stock numbers to the wheel are 243whp/285wtq! As noted by many, VW is highly underrating these!

Not surprising, considering I've owned my share of modified cars, and this thing pulls like a freight train right out the box.

I've surprised a number of unsuspecting opponents, from: BMW 335i, Porsche Macan Turbo, Civic "Hype-R" (306hp), a focus SE, and an A7 3.0T... Which lead me to wonder what this thing is truly putting out.

Looking forward to getting it tuned soon and posting another sheet with gains!

nate704

Go Kart Champion
again, dyno number is not absolute number to determine, which means you can use the number to compare between runs since dyno numbers vary depending on setup, manufacture, environment, and so on.

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
again, dyno number is not absolute number to determine, which means you can use the number to compare between runs since dyno numbers vary depending on setup, manufacture, environment, and so on.

True. For me this is only a starting point. I plan to use the same Dyno shop to measure gains moving forward. I'm leaning toward APR. Curious to see if the Stage 1 advertised 78-97hp gains over stock are accurate.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
True. For me this is only a starting point. I plan to use the same Dyno shop to measure gains moving forward. I'm leaning toward APR. Curious to see if the Stage 1 advertised 78-97hp gains over stock are accurate.

You should get around 310whp with APR Stg2, so it would be interesting to see what APR does on your dyno to see how well calibrated it is.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
You should get around 310whp with APR Stg2, so it would be interesting to see what APR does on your dyno to see how well calibrated it is.

Maybe Mexico got lazy and he's bored for 2.5 ;)

This would be the first factory freak I've heard of - FBO I made 225/275 on the stock tune. Maybe he'll make 400whp/350wtq on APR stg1 :D:D

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I hear the manuals dyno higher than dsg’s too. :).

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
I hear the manuals dyno higher than dsg’s too. :).

possibly less drive line loss due to one vs. multi clutch plates

I know the Evo X the MT did generally put down a bit more awhp than the dual clutch models stock
once tune they were about the same IIRC

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe Mexico got lazy and he's bored for 2.5 ;)

This would be the first factory freak I've heard of - FBO I made 225/275 on the stock tune. Maybe he'll make 400whp/350wtq on APR stg1 :D:D

It's a dynojet which read pretty accurate. The shop specializes in Nissans. The owner said stock 370Zs put out between 250-270rwhp on his dyno.

True test will be at the track when I run it though.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Wow strong numbers OP for the stock EA888 gen 3!

Looking forward to before and after for the whole story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pieguy

Ready to race!
If you plan on going APR, just make sure you're not planning on any turbo upgrades that aren't the IS38 or EFR7163. Seems like i've seen a lot of remorse lately about people who end up going another direction than APR and having to eat a lot of the costs. (BOSS Kits, Hybrids, PR MPI, etc)

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
If you plan on going APR, just make sure you're not planning on any turbo upgrades that aren't the IS38 or EFR7163. Seems like i've seen a lot of remorse lately about people who end up going another direction than APR and having to eat a lot of the costs. (BOSS Kits, Hybrids, PR MPI, etc)

Yeah, I'm not going to mix and match. I'm gonna stick with APR with FBO, then considering the Stage 3 jump, over the IS38, once my warranty is expired.