GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Flashloader Mobile

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
Ok I watched the video and read the specs.. so I'm trying to understand why the use of a USB drive?? and why didn't you just make the memory internal to the device? FAT32 has a 2Gb or 4Gb storage limit which in my mind is not a lot. Now I"m not familiar yet as to the size of a flash file for ECU, TCU, or the amount of data logging you can do with that storage limitation. I didn't see in the video how you choose between the 4 files stored on the USB jump drive. Another question would be what if you usb stick became corrupt, lost or non functioning? Since you already purchased the tunes I'm assuming you have a way to get them loaded onto another usb jump drive? So does that make the tune customizable by GIAC or tuner?

Thanks

We decided on a USB drive due to the fact that we wanted to allow customers to be able to customize the files to their liking. Meaning being to setup their USB drive how they want to. It also allows the user to share files with others and data log very easily where if all this was stored in the device, then another interface would have had to be implemented in the device itself and not all computers would have been able to read the device.
As far as storage capacity goes you can all 4 folders within the USB drive and have additional files store on it and it only takes up about 90MB. The files are not very large at all. As far as data logging it creates an excel file that is almost like a spread sheet within the USB drive which the vehicle can data log for about 2 hours non stop and it would take about 2MB of disk space if not less than that.

The way you choose the files is by a toggle switch on the side of the device. It has 4 switch positions. Each position has a folder within the USB drive to correspond with it. For instance there is a folder on the USB drive labeled "2". So you move the switch to position 2 and plug the device in and it will then flash the file within that folder.
If the files or the USB drive gets corrupt, you can easily use another USB drive to handle these files or simply call/email GIAC to obtain your files again.

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
So if we already have GIAC tunes purchased and installed by a dealer, how much is it to get all of that on this device? I'm assuming I don't need to re-pay for the software? Do we get notified if a new revision of a tune is available?

Are the Haldex mods the same as the VAG-COM tweaks discussed on here? Or is it something else in the ECU/TCU?

I'm also curious how useful the data logging feature will be in practice. In the past, I've data logged cars with the purpose of using the data to adjust the tune. But there is nothing we can do with the tune to adjust for anything we find abnormal in the logs.

If you are an existing customer and wish to transfer to the Flashloader Mobile, the price is $300 (usd). Keep in mind that price includes the device itself along with the files you have purchased that we have on history for your VIN.

You are correct the haldex mod is the same as the VAG-COM tweak. We created these files as not everyone has access to VAG-COM.

Th data logging helps us help users. It also helps the user to see real time what is going on with their vehicle and make the necessary adjustments if needed to their vehicle. It also allows us to offer support to customers that may be experiencing issues.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
We decided on a USB drive due to the fact that we wanted to allow customers to be able to customize the files to their liking. Meaning being to setup their USB drive how they want to. It also allows the user to share files with others and data log very easily where if all this was stored in the device, then another interface would have had to be implemented in the device itself and not all computers would have been able to read the device.
As far as storage capacity goes you can all 4 folders within the USB drive and have additional files store on it and it only takes up about 90MB. The files are not very large at all. As far as data logging it creates an excel file that is almost like a spread sheet within the USB drive which the vehicle can data log for about 2 hours non stop and it would take about 2MB of disk space if not less than that.

The way you choose the files is by a toggle switch on the side of the device. It has 4 switch positions. Each position has a folder within the USB drive to correspond with it. For instance there is a folder on the USB drive labeled "2". So you move the switch to position 2 and plug the device in and it will then flash the file within that folder.
If the files or the USB drive gets corrupt, you can easily use another USB drive to handle these files or simply call/email GIAC to obtain your files again.

Thanks for the clarification

Calubi

Ready to race!
If you are an existing customer and wish to transfer to the Flashloader Mobile, the price is $300 (usd). Keep in mind that price includes the device itself along with the files you have purchased that we have on history for your VIN.

You are correct the haldex mod is the same as the VAG-COM tweak. We created these files as not everyone has access to VAG-COM.

Th data logging helps us help users. It also helps the user to see real time what is going on with their vehicle and make the necessary adjustments if needed to their vehicle. It also allows us to offer support to customers that may be experiencing issues.

Thanks for the info! Do you have a program where tunes can be adjusted based on data logs? I thought the staged tunes were non-adjustable.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The device will come with the files you have purchased.
For instance if you purchased stage 1 engine software and stage 2 DSG.
The files the device would come with would be your stock engine software for your specific part number and software level version, stage 1 GIAC performance engine file, your DSG stage 2 performance file and your stock DSG file specific to your part number and software level version.
The device will also come with the DTC clear file for diagnostic trouble clear and a 20 channel data logger.

Keep in mind clutch adaptation as well as haldex mod and ABS mod can also come included only if requested.
ABS Mod???

Also wondering if you guys ever were able to get a no lift shift in your tunes?:confused:

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
ABS Mod???

Also wondering if you guys ever were able to get a no lift shift in your tunes?:confused:

It is settings changed with VAG-COM that we have written a script for so that way users that do not have access to VAG-COM can use this file.
Under hard acceleration in low gears the vehicle will tend to apply the brakes. This file will alter the settings for that.

We do offer no lift shift for certain vehicles and files.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have a Giac stage 2 pump and race file dyno numbers? Giac is saying 340 wheel on their site.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
It is settings changed with VAG-COM that we have written a script for so that way users that do not have access to VAG-COM can use this file.
Under hard acceleration in low gears the vehicle will tend to apply the brakes. This file will alter the settings for that.

We do offer no lift shift for certain vehicles and files.
I think I know the one you're talking about now. Very cool that you have that built in to the tune :cool:

If you guys offer no lift shift for a 2017 GTI Sport that will seal the deal for me :D

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!

Alfonso@GIAC

Ready to race!
Orders being filled and more waiting for a new owner!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I think I know the one you're talking about now. Very cool that you have that built in to the tune :cool:

If you guys offer no lift shift for a 2017 GTI Sport that will seal the deal for me :D
I'm very curious about the no lift shift guys. It'd be a great feature to have to keep the MT guys in boost :D