GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hopefully we can get clarification on these concerns from someone that attends WITW this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm going to WITW and I'm on the fence about getting their ECU tune there since they have event specials. I was hoping they would have Launch Control and No Lift Shifting for the 6 speed by now, but they don't have a date on that yet.

I don't believe I would get the Haldex at the event..not sure what the price would be for that but I did email UM asking about the Haldex tune price for the event since it's not listed on their site...only the ECU/DSG tunes have event pricing listed.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Sub'd

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to WITW and I'm on the fence about getting their ECU tune there since they have event specials. I was hoping they would have Launch Control and No Lift Shifting for the 6 speed by now, but they don't have a date on that yet.

I don't believe I would get the Haldex at the event..not sure what the price would be for that but I did email UM asking about the Haldex tune price for the event since it's not listed on their site...only the ECU/DSG tunes have event pricing listed.
Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bump for info

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Bump for info

There won't be any info until April 12-15 during WITW 18 where United Motorsports is the main sponsor and has said to be releasing this tune. I was told by them that while their ECU/DSG tunes are on sale the Haldex Tune will not see such a sale and will be $599 at the event.

I plan to schedule an appointment at WITW to get an ECU tune and I'm sure more info from others getting the Haldex tune. I won't get the Haldex tune since there is not special...at least a I say that now. Lol.

If I find out any info I'll try and provide it when I come back from the event.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Info is from Jeff Atwood at United Motorsports.

That makes sense Dereck, considering I couldn't get my front wheels to stop spinning on launch ever since my fueling mods and flex fuel tune. My front street tires tell the same tale, I just noticed this past Sunday that they were completely bald while the rears had plenty of tread life left. Next day I was @ VW dealer talking to my technician friend and told him I was one pothole away from a flat tire. Three miles down the road it happened and I now have a chipped up Pretoria with a flat sitting in the garage. :mad: If this holds true, that's nothing but good news for my stock turbo quarter mile attempt this spring. ;)

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
There won't be any info until April 12-15 during WITW 18 where United Motorsports is the main sponsor and has said to be releasing this tune. I was told by them that while their ECU/DSG tunes are on sale the Haldex Tune will not see such a sale and will be $599 at the event.

I plan to schedule an appointment at WITW to get an ECU tune and I'm sure more info from others getting the Haldex tune. I won't get the Haldex tune since there is not special...at least a I say that now. Lol.

If I find out any info I'll try and provide it when I come back from the event.

I don’t think UM is actually going to be at wookies this year, at least that’s what I’ve heard.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I don’t think UM is actually going to be at wookies this year, at least that’s what I’ve heard.

They are the first title sponsor on the 2018 WITW web page.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Agreed that is possible. It just says release of the Haldex software during WITW. Not at WITW.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Yep unless something changes in the next month, they don’t plan on actually being there this year, doesn’t mean other tuners won’t be there to load their stuff, just that UM themselves won’t if you wanted to actually meet and pick their brains face to face this year.

Calubi

Ready to race!
Very interesting topic. It's disappointing to hear that any extra torque we produce is sent all to the front; is this verified anywhere besides what UM says?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

Edit...didn't read the most resent posts before I posted this.

Anyways, I've been in contact with Fred at UM for an appointment to get tuned at WITW and they asked which days I'll be there but have yet to get back to me about scheduling an appointment so you may be right.

People seem to rave about UM but I'm starting to have doubts as they don't seem to have much support and one week they are close to releasing something and then it's we don't have a date for that now...

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Ok...maybe I spoke to soon again. It's one of those days! Fred just got back to me and said I'm set for my appointment. Of course I'm not sure who is going to be flashing so this doesn't dispute what KASPER says...