GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I would maybe suggest getting the srstech wide fronts? It's like $400 or $500 and would prob help a lot. I'm still trying today figure out what wheels I like most which will dictate size for me not the other way around like most

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not into doing body work for this really, I just had a wild idea and tried it haha. I think that getting the fenders completely rolled would be enough, but before I did that I would just run thinner or no spacer at all. It's all for a look, but I can't lose function for it.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not into doing body work for this really, I just had a wild idea and tried it haha. I think that getting the fenders completely rolled would be enough, but before I did that I would just run thinner or no spacer at all. It's all for a look, but I can't lose function for it.
Just swap the fenders. I wouldn't even paint them .

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

I think these are made by Seibon. Not 100% sure though...

Pics from vwclubmalaysia

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Taking the unnecessary spacers off is a much cheaper option. I've done the stance thing on three cars now and I'm itching to go back to something awd and performance oriented.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I guess I've moved a bit more in to "aggressive" territory.

18x9 ET45 Konig Rennform
235/40-18 Continental ECS
10mm Front, 5mm Rear Spacers
-2+ degrees front camber, -1.5 degree rear
12 o' clock fender screw removed, only very minor rubbing on big dips

IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

IMG_20180207_223008_150 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I might end up swapping the 10mms to the rear, or buying another set of 5mms for the front depending on if it rubs in the canyons. I love the look, but I don't love having to slow down so I don't ruin a fender.

running tires that are larger than the oem diameter isn't helping either

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
running tires that are larger than the oem diameter isn't helping either

Eh, techincally a 235/40-18 tire is just under the diameter of the OEM 235/35-19 tire (25.4" vs 25.5"). There are a lot of things going on here but that's probably the last on my list of what can potentially create a rub.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Taking the unnecessary spacers off is a much cheaper option. I've done the stance thing on three cars now and I'm itching to go back to something awd and performance oriented.

100% agree. This was a "for fun" test fit, and I'm just putting it through the paces now to see if it'll work or not. I'm leaning towards not, and I'll swap things around or remove them to go back to function.

Murdawagen

Aggressive enough....want to run 19x10's

Would love to run something deep and concave. Probably not to everyone's liking but as the title states keep the neg comments to yourself. Riding on 19x8.5's Rotiforms with 225/35 and BC BR coils. May even run a 20" next. Thoughts??? 2015 TDI Sportwagen black on black on black. :cool:

dmcgrath009

Ready to race!
Hey guys sorry for the basic question.

I have a good line on a set of Rotiform BLQ 20x8.5 et45 5x112 with 245/35r20 tires is there any change of fitting them on a stock height MK7 GTI? I would like to go for a slight lowering spring at some point but i could replace the tires at that point with a 245/30/r20...

By doing the offset calculations on 1010 Tires it shows I will loose 13mm of inner clearance and the outer position will come out by 21mm. front tires should me 1-2mm past the fender and the rears should need a 10mm spacer to come flush. also the tires are 1.7" larger diameter, 245/30/r20 would make the diameter correct.

Probably wishful thinking on my part and too big and too rough for a DD car.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
19x9 ET33 on 225 tires and PSS10 coils and it does not look like you could go any wider at all. What I wonder is why go with a 9 inch wheel if you're only going to use a 225 on it to get it to fit? Why not just go with an 8.5 and use the same tire? Kind of what was confusing me about people's set ups

Is this an 8.5" wheel with 225's? (images on page 11 for reference)

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Alright so I need some opinions on different moves I can make here. This is all in regard to the front wheels. I fell in love with the REGEN5 R32 18 x 8.5 ET40's. Bought them since the site said they'd fit along with a set of Firehawk Indy 500's (235/40/18) , and then realized that the face of the PP brakes/calipers came out a little to far and hit the back of the face of the wheel at the outer edges.

I'm lowered on VWR springs. Using what I have to work with, i threw the 15mm spacer back on that came with my ECS flush kit. This left the highest point of the wheel poking about 1/2" from the highest point of the fender. With the 15mm spacer on, I've measured approximately 9mm of clearance between the face of the caliper and the most inward set part of the face of the wheel. Should I be okay moving down to a 10mm spacer essentially bringing me to ~4mm of caliper clearance and 1/4" of poke? (30mm offset if I'm not mistaken)

My goal here is to keep the PP Brakes, Keep the wheels, fit these without rubbing and maintaining a camber that doesn't have a negative impact on performance. I'm okay with slight poke but want to be AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to flush.

Will I be okay with the 235's if I'm running the 10mm spacer (technically a total offset of 30mm)? Or would it be a better idea for me to opt for a 225 on this?

Just looking for some opinions on different directions I could go. Also, will a 225 on this wheel affect performance at all or is this considered a very mild stretch?

I've attached a crummy photo below of the 15mm spacer and wheel on. Any info is appreciated. (this is my first time messing with wheel fitment to this degree)

IMG_0428.jpg

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Alright so I need some opinions on different moves I can make here. This is all in regard to the front wheels. I fell in love with the REGEN5 R32 18 x 8.5 ET40's. Bought them since the site said they'd fit along with a set of Firehawk Indy 500's (235/40/18) , and then realized that the face of the PP brakes/calipers came out a little to far and hit the back of the face of the wheel at the outer edges.

I'm lowered on VWR springs. Using what I have to work with, i threw the 15mm spacer back on that came with my ECS flush kit. This left the highest point of the wheel poking about 1/2" from the highest point of the fender. With the 15mm spacer on, I've measured approximately 9mm of clearance between the face of the caliper and the most inward set part of the face of the wheel. Should I be okay moving down to a 10mm spacer essentially bringing me to ~4mm of caliper clearance and 1/4" of poke? (30mm offset if I'm not mistaken)

My goal here is to keep the PP Brakes, Keep the wheels, fit these without rubbing and maintaining a camber that doesn't have a negative impact on performance. I'm okay with slight poke but want to be AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to flush.

Will I be okay with the 235's if I'm running the 10mm spacer (technically a total offset of 30mm)? Or would it be a better idea for me to opt for a 225 on this?

Just looking for some opinions on different directions I could go. Also, will a 225 on this wheel affect performance at all or is this considered a very mild stretch?

I've attached a crummy photo below of the 15mm spacer and wheel on. Any info is appreciated. (this is my first time messing with wheel fitment to this degree)

View attachment 20340
8mm spacer would be fine. Fitment depends on the spoke face a lot with clearing the brakes. Did the site say that they cleared the PP brakes or just the standard car?

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
8mm spacer would be fine. Fitment depends on the spoke face a lot with clearing the brakes. Did the site say that they cleared the PP brakes or just the standard car?

So you think 2mm of clearance between the caliper and the closest point on the face of the wheel is enough? And I'm safe with 235's or would 225's be a better move?

Also, theres no option for PP on ECS but i used the Golf R as well to see if it said they'd fit and it did.