GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So finally i decided to go with Oz leggera 18x8 et35 so i don't have to put spacers.

My questions is if i put ED springs, do i need spacers or i'm good without any problem?

I would do et45 but et35 will work if you only want to do 225s

tshirtsandcoffee

I have a set of BBS wheels picked out, but they are 25 pounds each. Are there any comparable chrome wheels out there that aren't as heavy?

Or what parts should I replace in order to get the BBS's? My Golf is my daily so I can't be a stanceboy. lol

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Sorry i forgot to mention it, it will be 225 not 235.

How about the springs? It will be ok or i need spacers?

You won’t need spacers with et35, might be a bit pokey in the front as-is. However you can always add rear ones later if you’d like.

However might want to go ahead and do Struts/Shocks while you are in there. ED Springs have been known to blow shocks because of their, soft nature and sag.

am215

Ready to race!
I have a set of BBS wheels picked out, but they are 25 pounds each. Are there any comparable chrome wheels out there that aren't as heavy?

Or what parts should I replace in order to get the BBS's? My Golf is my daily so I can't be a stanceboy. lol

25lbs is around what the stock wheels weigh for most mk7's so it won't be noticeable. I imagine you are looking for polished wheels and not chrome plated, in which there are some light-weight alternatives made by neuspeed and vmr, as well as others.

if you are in an area with a lot of potholes then the heavier wheels may be an advantage.

So finally i decided to go with Oz leggera 18x8 et35 so i don't have to put spacers.

My questions is if i put ED springs, do i need spacers or i'm good without any problem?

I'm on VWR springs and have 18x8 +35 wheels for the summer; with 225/40 there isn't an issue and the front is about as flush as I would want it to be. I could probably put a 5mm spacer in the rear but I don't see the benefit.

pantsos

Ready to race!
Any suggestions for a lock but for OZ leggera HLT?

The store that they’re installing my wheels told me that is not possible to have lock nut because it's tuner bolts so they need to use them with a special socket.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!

The store that they’re installing my wheels told me that is not possible to have lock nut because it's tuner bolts so they need to use them with a special socket.
You mean wheel locks?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
How can i know the perfect fitment for my wheels?
Stock lug nut length is 27 mm but idk what Oz will use since they have an Et, who's is much more aggressive than stock. Did your wheels come with bolts?

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Enkei ts9 17x8 et45 wrapped in Firehawk Indy 500
Not the lightest at 18.6lbs but wow does the steering feel different and car feel lighter than previous heavy 3sdm 0.06. Just need springs now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

I'm not sure what brand they used, but Gorilla sells "tuner bolts" that use the "special socket" and then they have a similar looking wheel bolt/lock that comes with a special socket for that bolt/lock AND also undoes the regular bolts.
It's pretty trick/cool

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Same reason I'm selling my 0.05s. Never realized they were so heavy until I owned them. How's turn in feel now? What size tire? I'm planning to go RSe05 (17x8ET45) with 225/45R17 Rival S.
I went with 235/45/17. They fit good and appropriate size according to tirerack. Feels like a different car to be honest. Very easy to to maneuver, and car picks up from a stand still so much smoother.