GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raceland air suspension Review

cj_gti

Ready to race!
First Impressions out of the box: The quality exceeded my expectations. Looks and feels exactly like airlifts kit but for a fraction of the price so thats already a plus. The kit comes with front struts with camber plates, rear shocks and bags. A new rear lower control arm and perch to properly mount the rear bags. Also comes with adjustable sway bar end links and leader lines so It is a complete kit aside from management of course. All around I was very impressed with the kit straight out of the box.

Install: Was very straight forward just like any other suspension kit other than the control arms which are easy too, Its like 4 bolts to swap it out. Everything fit perfect and was very pleased with this.

First impressions after install: They have tons of lift and go as low as anybody needs. They will easily lay frame with fender modifications. The ride quality felt a-lot better than my previous set up which was ocd bags on bc coils in the front and uas airhouse 2’s in the rear. Also no leaks so far which is also a plus since I had tons of leaking problems with my old setup. With high air pressure the ride is super bouncy and gets better with lower pressure but thats obvious with all bags.

After a month of them installed: I still have zero problems with this kit and I'm very pleased all around especially for the price. I would 100% recommend this kit to anyone looking to bag their mk7 and definitely think it stacks up with airlift as it is nearly identical and other well known companies. The only downside so far is that the dampening is not adjustable which for me is not a big deal but others find this very important (those who track their car).
Based off price, ride quality, product quality, install, and customer service I give this kit a 9/10.
*Raceland also offers a lifetime warranty with their kit which is a huge plus.
Ig: @constantin_jung
@racelandsuspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Awesome! I was wondering when someone would pull the trigger, honestly I haven't seen Raceland mentioned on this forum at all.

Did you notch the frame, or is there a need to on mk7s?

cj_gti

Ready to race!
Awesome! I was wondering when someone would pull the trigger, honestly I haven't seen Raceland mentioned on this forum at all.

Did you notch the frame, or is there a need to on mk7s?

There’s no need to, the frame is basically pre notched from the factory. I rolled my fenders and took out the fender screw. If you roll them completely flat it will sit even lower. Some people will remove the sway bar but I have no experience to wether or not it makes a noticeable difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Raceland kit looks like a complete knock off of airlifts, but the front end links actually look much better..LOL. Like you said the only thing it really doesn't have is compression adjustment. If you track or hit the canyons hard this is rather important as the more bag pressure you use the more dampening you need to control it. But I'm sure the Raceland kit will be good enough for most people...also considering it's half the price:D

Your car looks great!

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
have a link for this kit? wouldnt mind checking it out...also what management system and all that did you end up using with this set up?

Last edited:

vw671

Autocross Newbie
How about some pics of your driving height?

Looks good BTW - although not what I will do with my daily GTI.

You can make the car drive at any height. From stock height on any level lower that you prefer. Tons of guys daily drive air ride cars...you don't have to air it out if you don't want to.

Here's mine at my normal drive height.

Aired out:

Atrev5

Has anyone tried the raceland coilovers kits? I know everyone’s says you get what you paid for but $379 for coilovers sounds pretty good if you’re modding on a budget. Looking for some input on this kit.

brutalgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone tried the raceland coilovers kits? I know everyone’s says you get what you paid for but $379 for coilovers sounds pretty good if you’re modding on a budget. Looking for some input on this kit.
I'm currently running them right now. If you're trying to go low and on a budget I would rate them 7/10 in terms of price and quality. However I drive with only me in the car 90% of the time. As soon as I have 2 or 3 passengers in the car it bounces quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk