GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New! Performance Rear Chassis Brace Upgrade | Bolt on Rigidity | Free Shipping!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
New ECS Rear Chassis Brace Set For Your VW MK7

Reinforce and stabilize the rear end of your MK7 VW with our Rear Chassis Brace!
Triangulate the rear of your chassis with our braces.
These bolt in to the reinforced trailing arm pockets and brace the weak rear tunnel areas.
Beautifully powder coated your choice of wrinkle red or wrinkle black to offer both good looks and durability.

The ECS Tuning Rear Chassis Braces bridge the gap between the mounting points of the trailing arm pockets and brace the weak rear tunnel areas.
These triangulated bolt-on bars help to increase the structural rigidity of the floor and chassis area which limits body roll.
Beautifully powder coated your choice of wrinkle red or wrinkle black to offer both good looks and durability.

Click HERE for your VW MK7 Golf ECS Performance Rear Chassis Brace Upgrade Set

Click HERE for your VW MK7 GTI ECS Performance Rear Chassis Brace Upgrade Set

Click HERE for your VW MK7 R ECS Performance Rear Chassis Brace Upgrade Set

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I really want to try these but i'd hate to blow 129 and not notice a difference. Also why wrinkle red? it looks nice but if it was the red andoized version it would match your new subframe brace!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
good theory. Imma try em anyways

If you have not tried, I strongly suggest the Unibrace UBQ brace that goes on bottom tunnel. It changed my car so much.
I wonder if these new ECS braces would bolt up with the UBQ brace? They use the same bolt location but not sure if they clear each other at the bolt area.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Also why wrinkle red? it looks nice but if it was the red andoized version it would match your new subframe brace!

Can't anodize steel, only aluminum. These are made of steel which makes sense because it'll have some twist force, potentially.

I'm considering giving these a try over the much more expensive iSweep braces that Neuspeed sells. I think the iSweeps are beefier but I don't know how much that beef is needed for more than double the price.

teemmy

Ready to race!
Can't anodize steel, only aluminum. These are made of steel which makes sense because it'll have some twist force, potentially.

I'm considering giving these a try over the much more expensive iSweep braces that Neuspeed sells. I think the iSweeps are beefier but I don't know how much that beef is needed for more than double the price.

yeah, the isweep brace is like $300 while this is a $129 solution. I'm can't imagine this making a really big difference though

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Have not looked recently but does the isweep use square tubing?
Square always better. But cost a player.

iSweep is square tubing and replaces the OEM tunnel brace while this setup reuses the OEM brace. I mean for the cost it's one more thing to try that can't negatively affect the car, but like others said I can't see the improvement being as dramatic as a tunnel brace is supposed to be.

Also, I don't believe these braces technically triangulate anything. It's tying two points together, plus a cross brace that makes the rear tunnel points become one. A third brace connecting the two rear control arm mounts would be required to do that, unless I'm missing something.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If you have not tried, I strongly suggest the Unibrace UBQ brace that goes on bottom tunnel. It changed my car so much.
I wonder if these new ECS braces would bolt up with the UBQ brace? They use the same bolt location but not sure if they clear each other at the bolt area.

Did you ever review this piece? I couldn't find it on your build thread.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
why wrinkle red? it looks nice but if it was the red andoized version it would match your new subframe brace!

Cold rolled steel does not take well to anodizing, so we had to powder coat. We've found wrinkle to hold up better than smooth finishes in locations so as this, so welp wrinkle red and black is what we went with.

I haven't had a chance to test fit that combo, but looking at the photos of the UBQ it looks like it might work, you may need longer bolts as the stack height is going to change.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Cold rolled steel does not take well to anodizing, so we had to powder coat. We've found wrinkle to hold up better than smooth finishes in locations so as this, so welp wrinkle red and black is what we went with.

I haven't had a chance to test fit that combo, but looking at the photos of the UBQ it looks like it might work, you may need longer bolts as the stack height is going to change.

Thanks.
I will add you to my "think about it" list.
If I add many more braces my mechanic will be able to play jungle gym when he has car up on hoist.

Status
Not open for further replies.