GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Car probs ran outa fuel. Trans didn't slip. Power wss being cut to save motor.

Yeah. He's IS20, but with JB4 only on the stock pipe. 23.9 might be possible with the larger turbo and stock pipe, but that much e will be tough to supply. I'm going to guess that the stock pipe made it too hot though and the timing is low as well.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone know if there is a trial version of JB connect? I bought it and quickly got a refund because I couldn't get it to work with my Pixel even trying various connection sequences.... I wish I could have given it more time, but at 30.00 and a small refund window I didn't want to chance it..

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know if there is a trial version of JB connect? I bought it and quickly got a refund because I couldn't get it to work with my Pixel even trying various connection sequences.... I wish I could have given it more time, but at 30.00 and a small refund window I didn't want to chance it..

For the app email support@jb4connectkit.com and ask them. They the developers and run the app side of things.

If you want post here or see if a search brings up something. Its our own forum and there are thousands of users on it: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How exactly does the aftermarket downpipe actually make more power and how does the JB4 take advantage of it?

The turbo exhaust exits right into a restrictive cat. It's like hitting a wall and it gets hot. The cat needs to get hot to be efficient. That heat limits the turbo efficiency. After the cat is a 2-1/4" pipe with a bend. The aftermarket downpipe is a 3" radius bend and then 3" all the way to the cat back. You can now run the turbo way more efficient with a lot less heat. That means it can reach a higher boost level without the EGT going through the roof. High EGT will cause timing pull and the ecu will add more fuel to cool it. That means you loose fueling efficiency as well. Ideally a turbo would operate best with the exhaust blowing right out of it and no pipe, the large downpipe is the best compromise for street use.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

I own the app and have a pixel xl on the way. I currently use an OTG adapter to connect with my moto x pure and hope to do the same with the OTG adapter that comes with the pixel. I'll report back on how it works. Are you running Oreo? I've heard it's buggy, so not sure I will run that right away...

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Have a few questions:
1.Does anyone know why our JB4 doesn't support is38 while on the GTI does?
2.Will JB4 from 1.8T and 2.0T interchangeable?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Have a few questions:
1.Does anyone know why our JB4 doesn't support is38 while on the GTI does?
2.Will JB4 from 1.8T and 2.0T interchangeable?

JB4 will support the IS38 no problem. You will run out of fuel at a point, but you can upgrade to the Golf R injectors. All JB4 units are the same. BMS uses different numbers on them for internal tracking purposes.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Random question but BMS's data cable is the same for all their platforms right? I got it off their eBay store since that was the easiest cheapest option.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
The turbo exhaust exits right into a restrictive cat. It's like hitting a wall and it gets hot. The cat needs to get hot to be efficient. That heat limits the turbo efficiency. After the cat is a 2-1/4" pipe with a bend. The aftermarket downpipe is a 3" radius bend and then 3" all the way to the cat back. You can now run the turbo way more efficient with a lot less heat. That means it can reach a higher boost level without the EGT going through the roof. High EGT will cause timing pull and the ecu will add more fuel to cool it. That means you loose fueling efficiency as well. Ideally a turbo would operate best with the exhaust blowing right out of it and no pipe, the large downpipe is the best compromise for street use.

Thanks. So a catless downpipe is the most efficient there.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Thanks. So a catless downpipe is the most efficient there.

Not necessarily. Most of the catted ones move the cat down a little bit and use high flow cats. Some keep the cat closer to the turbo, But it is still larger piping with a high flow cat. Catless is still probably more efficient, but the catted will work

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Not necessarily. Most of the catted ones move the cat down a little bit and use high flow cats. Some keep the cat closer to the turbo, But it is still larger piping with a high flow cat. Catless is still probably more efficient, but the catted will work

As soon as my 1.8 is back from the body shop I can throw the JB4 on and start tuning!

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
just reinstalled my JB4 after removing it so I could take it into the dealership for my transmission leak. They screwed me over saying that a transmission leak is "normal" and that they won't fix it. Did a stage 1 map log on my way home and my ign1 looks solid. Gonna get a map6 log tomorrow maybe and tweak it now my IAT's aren't 140+

https://datazap.me/u/groharlem/09-2...11-14&solo=2-11&trim=0&tmin=60.00&tmax=185.45

Last edited:

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
just reinstalled my JB4 after removing it so I could take it into the dealership for my transmission leak. They screwed me over saying that a transmission leak is "normal" and that they won't fix it. Did a stage 1 map log on my way home and my ign1 looks solid. Gonna get a map6 log tomorrow maybe and tweak it now my IAT's aren't 140+

https://datazap.me/u/groharlem/09-2...11-14&solo=2-11&trim=0&tmin=60.00&tmax=185.45

You should go to different dealer. If I were you, I would ask the service manager to document their words, just in case your trans would blow up when warranty expired

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah. He's IS20, but with JB4 only on the stock pipe. 23.9 might be possible with the larger turbo and stock pipe, but that much e will be tough to supply. I'm going to guess that the stock pipe made it too hot though and the timing is low as well.

Yeah, thanks to Irma, I need some extra gas and couldn't find any without waiting an hour long line

the E85 lines were free to use.

Im going to purchase my Downpipe now. I just need to figure out my loud exhaust problem I will have with it.

Trying to source a turbo back instead

Last edited: