GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Pack LSD vs. Wavetrac - Direct Comparison & Great Writeup

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Okay... This mod DEFINITELY improves traction!

Went wild on some familiar corners today on my way to and from work. Front end grip is much better than stock. Only downside I noticed is that a couple of times where the diff felt confused. Like it had too much diff lock for the situation.

Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Okay... This mod DEFINITELY improves traction!

Went wild on some familiar corners today on my way to and from work. Front end grip is much better than stock. Only downside I noticed is that a couple of times where the diff felt confused. Like it had too much diff lock for the situation.

Interesting. I didn't notice anything like that on track. Just really quick times. ;)

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Please let us know how much it improves traction :)

I drove around for about an hour last night. This tweak is different than it would be for a PP diff but it does make the car drive differently. I felt the steering was heavier but don't know why? I hit some really familiar corners, I could feel some intervention from the car that I hadn't felt before. I need to drive it more.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I drove around for about an hour last night. This tweak is different than it would be for a PP diff but it does make the car drive differently. I felt the steering was heavier but don't know why? I hit some really familiar corners, I could feel some intervention from the car that I hadn't felt before. I need to drive it more.
Again, keep us posted. Very interested to see how much it helps.

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Again, keep us posted. Very interested to see how much it helps.

Today I changed the xds back to standard while keeping the Haldex set at increased traction. I like the way the car reacts with these settings. On public roads it hard if not foolish to go beyond the limits of the car. It's also impossible to quantify how much has improved or not other than my own feeling of how the car reacts. I like how it feels.:cool:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Today I changed the xds back to standard while keeping the Haldex set at increased traction. I like the way the car reacts with these settings. On public roads it hard if not foolish to go beyond the limits of the car. It's also impossible to quantify how much has improved or not other than my own feeling of how the car reacts. I like how it feels.:cool:
Thanks for the update.

Good to hear it worked out for you :cool:

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
After making the changes did you reset the adaptation values under basic settings?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
Since my VCDS cable is not physically with me, can someone who has changed their VAQ to "Increased Traction" do a module scan and post what the 4-Digit coding is? Found a module scan from a Seat Leon Cupra R where the coding is "0101". Every single PP GTI scan I've found is "0001". Mechanically, that car is essentially a Golf Sportwagen with Golf R motor, DCC and VAQ. Part Numbers for,the VAQ unit are the same.

Does anyone know if changing an adaptation value will also change the short/long coding?

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Since my VCDS cable is not physically with me, can someone who has changed their VAQ to "Increased Traction" do a module scan and post what the 4-Digit coding is? Found a module scan from a Seat Leon Cupra R where the coding is "0101". Every single PP GTI scan I've found is "0001". Mechanically, that car is essentially a Golf Sportwagen with Golf R motor, DCC and VAQ. Part Numbers for,the VAQ unit are the same.

Does anyone know if changing an adaptation value will also change the short/long coding?
I made the change to increased traction within the AWD module tonight. I'll compare one of my old auto scans with a new one to see if there was a change. Give me until tomorrow afternoon though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk