GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shift Transmission Adapter - Boomba Racing

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
3AB976D8-12EF-4B89-92F1-0FBA5CEC9F14.jpeg

Installed over a month ago and still loving it. ??

kDizz781

Ready to race!
I've seen other short shift kits offer side-to-side reduction adapter. Does the Boomba reduce side-to-side throw?
No, the Boomba adapter only reduces the front to back throw

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I've seen other short shift kits offer side-to-side reduction adapter. Does the Boomba reduce side-to-side throw?

Due to that added weight of this plate, it helps with front and back as well as side to side reduction. It isn't a giant side to side difference, but it still should be slightly noticeable due to the added leverage.

BanjoFood

Passed Driver's Ed
After installing it last night, I am sold!!
Feels amazing and significantly noticeable reduction in throw.

I did not add the bushings, but I can't see how they can improve it any more. It is amazing to see 1 thing make such a difference (compared to ordering bushings, front-back short shifter, side-to-side short shifter, etc) and I did not need to make any adjustments.

Only downside compared to others on the market is that it is not adjustable

Nappy216

Ready to race!
This question was not answered, or at least I didn't see it.

Does this adapter add any stress to the other components of the linkages?

Anyone with over 10k miles using this adapter that can comment? Any difference in feel over this mileage?

Thanks.

This was never answered.. Does the adapter stress the stock cable? it looks like the cable has a much steeper angle with the adapter.
Noticed the OEM short shifter comes with different cables ends.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
I have had the adapter on my car for at least 15k miles now. (I DD about 80-90 miles.) I haven't noticed any obvious differences over time. I still like the product.

I have an oil change coming up in a week or two; I'll pull the air box and have a look, maybe take some pictures and post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
We have put about 40k miles on our GTI with the adapter installed and have 0 issues. We have never had any complaints and get lots of phone calls from customers who have installed this product talking about how easy and fast the installation is.