GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

Tronix13

Ready to race!
How much of a hassle is it to put the new coolant hose on the car when installing the I.E. open air intake? About to do this tomorrow and just wanted to know what everyone's experience was like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
5 minutes. Just do it while cold so the coolant drained down. But shove a towel down there when the do the one on the engine.

I could be wrong but I feel like there is a one way valve in the stock one.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
5 minutes. Just do it while cold so the coolant drained down. But shove a towel down there when the do the one on the engine.

I could be wrong but I feel like there is a one way valve in the stock one.

There is a check valve in the OE line. The Unitronic instructions actually have you remove it and install it in the new line.

jmal2005

Ready to race!
I recently installed an APR carbon fiber intake but I got it used and the rubber seal for the tiny black vaccum hose was torn....

Can someone tell me what this is for? (The tiny black house that goes right behind the secondary air intake). I managed to get it relatively sealed in there but will this cause any problems in the future?

It has not caused any CEL's and the car feels a little faster with much better throttle response.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Keep it simple and cheap. Throttle response and spool is terrific btw. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
IE Carbon Fiber Intake and Turbo Inlet pipe. Purchased used off of this forum for $500 and I love it.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Keep it simple and cheap. Throttle response and spool is terrific btw. :).

Are you running without the front inatke piece and just the separate scoop on the airbox? If so, does it feel slower off the line?

Thanks.

typeone

Ready to race!
Are you running without the front inatke piece and just the separate scoop on the airbox? If so, does it feel slower off the line?

Thanks.

+1, same question. i'd hate to chop up a bunch of plastic only to find out it felt the same as an open filter design. (which was terrible)

EDIT: although i'm pretty sure he just took the pic with the middle piece removed.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

Thanks.

Just remove/unbolt the entire horizontal (left to right) front intake straw. It comes out and leave the scoop on front of box. Then pop out your grill (two screws) and open up the top left side (dremel, drill, saw) to allow more direct air from grill to come up into box.

Slower...hell no. Your turbo will thank you. :).

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Just remove/unbolt the entire horizontal (left to right) front intake straw. It comes out and leave the scoop on front of box. Then pop out your grill (two screws) and open up the top left side (dremel, drill, saw) to allow more direct air from grill to come up into box.

Slower...hell no. Your turbo will thank you. :).

I took off the front intake duct this morning. So far, so good. Not as loud as I anticipated but decent induction growl. Now I have to see if I can fab up something to connect the scoop tothe openings above the grille sort of like the APR intake.

njavier03

Ready to race!
i'm debating on getting the IE open intake, but i see that the front end isnt secured to the grill, and it kind of just flaps there. or maybe it was just a bad install from the youtube vid i saw?