GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru Crushes Sedan AWD 'Ring Time

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Not sure if that's sarcasm or stupidity but this STi is a full on track prepped race car.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yeah but this is a development car, not a consumer car. The STI is still running the EJ motor, a nearly 2 decade old design still running port injection. The STI is currently the least bang for the buck of the 40K performance hot hatch segment. It's been heading that direction for years. Subaru fanbois are so blindly loyal, that STIs still sell at their overpriced MSRP in droves, despite little innovation in 15+ years, and the introduction of a fucking CVT as their first-ever automatic option for the car... Really???????

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Yeah but this is a development car, not a consumer car. The STI is still running the EJ motor, a nearly 2 decade old design still running port injection. The STI is currently the least bang for the buck of the 40K performance hot hatch segment. It's been heading that direction for years. Subaru fanbois are so blindly loyal, that STIs still sell at their overpriced MSRP in droves, despite little innovation in 15+ years, and the introduction of a fucking CVT as their first-ever automatic option for the car... Really???????

Can you show us on this doll where the STI touched you?

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
They are actually releasing an STI type-RA (my friend who works at my dealership told me if I put $1,000 down I could get the single allocation they were getting) but for $55,000 CAD (possibly more), to me it was not worth it. I believe the production model type RA is a full loaded STI plus carbon fiber roof, carbon STI wing, a slight bump to 310HP, cold air intake, high flow exhaust with reprogrammed ECU, light weight BBS wheels. I love my 2011 STI, it's a very good car and handles phenominally with almost no modifications, and I have heard the newer STI's handle even better. But as many have stated here, the 'bang for your buck' is less true. The best bang for your buck would still be the base STI, as it dips into the $40,000 range only slightly and you get a great handling car with a tried and true engine (albeit old tech and needs a refresh) but when I was deciding between the top model STI and the Golf R, the golf is becoming an easy decision with much more comfort, tech and refinement as compared to the raw STI which is behind in the tech and refinement segment for me, as a daily driver. Still driving my 2011 STI and it still puts a huge smile on my face after 122,000 kms, but cannot wait to get into a new golf R next year.

More info on the production STI type RA can be found here for those interested or those who like wasting people's time complaining why the car is a ripoff in their opinion because X, Y or Z :p
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1110887_2018-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-revealed-with-more-power-less-weight

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
You know me so well :D

haha it's easy when you're a stereotypical forum fanboy! (so am I by the way but I am just a fanboy of too many vehicles to merit arguing over one!)

No matter the case, these will still sell out :cool: Would love to own one but not when I can get a car that fits my needs for much less money!