GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

muffler delete w/ vibrant ultra quiet res

anjoVW

Ready to race!
I currently have a muffler delete and was thinking of doing this setup to add more noise while reducing the possible drone that a regular resonator delete would create.

1. Does anyone have this setup or have heard this setup before?
2. I've been told to get a downpipe before, but I dont want to go Stage 2 tune just to get the dp.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
I've had this exact setup before. If you have any intention of going with a downpipe, start there.

When you make the mistake I made and go straight pipe w/ vibrant UQ it sounds ok, but then the second the downpipe (catted) is in there it was way too loud for my taste. It made me drive the car less.

Now I have the DP plus a GTI catback and the car sounds epic

anjoVW

Ready to race!
I've had this exact setup before. If you have any intention of going with a downpipe, start there.

When you make the mistake I made and go straight pipe w/ vibrant UQ it sounds ok, but then the second the downpipe (catted) is in there it was way too loud for my taste. It made me drive the car less.

Now I have the DP plus a GTI catback and the car sounds epic

Sounds ok as in decent but not amazing? It was either the ultra quiet or the bottle I've been thinking about, mainly because of drone and in my area apparently I can't get muffler AND res deleted. I don't plan on getting a downpipe, was just mentioning that people said I should get a downpipe if I wanted louder sound.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
I thought it sounded good until I did the downpipe. The downpipe added some bass to the exhaust, without the intense drone of the muffler delete.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
I thought it sounded good until I did the downpipe. The downpipe added some bass to the exhaust, without the intense drone of the muffler delete.

Thanks for the insight. I don't plan on getting a downpipe, but worst case scenario I can just weld my stock res back on if I do get one. I looked into some plain old muffler/res delete videos on the 1.8 and it doesn't sound too bad on its own, so I feel sorta more confident in going the vibrant replacement route.