GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Key Fob Hack

SM075180

Ready to race!
If you're like me you hate having such a large key for a "keyless entry" vehicle. Especially when you accidentally press the stupid button and release the blade of the key in your pocket and don't realize why you're so uncomfortable until you're already home and finally have a reason to take the key out.

Exaggerations aside I've found that a small ring of heat shrink tubing around the end of the key keeps it from opening automatically.

The key can still be accessed by hand with a little press to get it going. Should you find yourself in a situation where it's (finally) needed.

If you can't figure out your own step-by-step based off the picture- heaven help you lol

All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SM075180

Ready to race!
Getting one of those silicon covers also does the job as it makes pressing the button harder.

I’d rather have my key flip open on occasion than make the whole contraption even bigger than it already is by adding one of those lol

chid

Ready to race!
I'm still looking for a silicone cover that will completely cover the key, without that slot that allows the key to pop out. It will be more solid and stay better.
I have key less entry for a good 5 years now, and I never, ever used the key.

Let's create that demand so they will build one ;)

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You will soon be keeping them in a Faraday bag when the latest trend of stealing key-less entry cars gets over there. Takes them a few seconds to unlock the car and drive it off without the need to take the original key.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yeah, it says it fits but it looks different. I would contact them first and see what they say. Judging from this and other threads though, modded Euros might start making them if you let them know how much pent up demand there is. I'd buy one.

SM075180

Ready to race!
If we’re gonna petition a company to make something can we just get on board asking for smaller keys in general? It was literally more convenient when we had to carry two keys for a single car imho... lol

bennybmn

Ready to race!
You will soon be keeping them in a Faraday bag when the latest trend of stealing key-less entry cars gets over there. Takes them a few seconds to unlock the car and drive it off without the need to take the original key.

Doesn’t that only work if you push the button? What if you just walk up to the car and touch lock/unlock?