GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 2014 gti vibration

Gary_3000

Hi guys I'm new to the golf group but not to the vw scene. I just picked up at 2014 with 11k on the clock yesterday and when I was driving back on the motorway at speeds over 75mph I could hear vibrations and could see my passenger seat shaking but could feel nothing in the steering wheel. Has anyone got any advice? I think it could be wheel balance and tyre related as the front right passenger wheel doesn't have the same wheel weights as the other 3 and I think the tyres could do with being replaced on the front soon. On test drives and Lower speeds it's fine but when u go over 70/75 You can hear and see the seat shaking . I've got a warranty on the Car is this something that it will cover literly just picked up the Car yesterday.
Any help or advice would be great

Many thanks Gary

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Rear wheels balancing or tyre or wheel. Usually it will be balancing.shaking seat indicates rear wheels and shaking steering wheel indicates the front wheel. I think get all tyres balanced and 90% sure u will be good. Unless u have buckled wheel

Gary_3000

Rear wheels balancing or tyre or wheel. Usually it will be balancing.shaking seat indicates rear wheels and shaking steering wheel indicates the front wheel. I think get all tyres balanced and 90% sure u will be good. Unless u have buckled wheel

Ok cool. The dealer is ringing me today so I'll have a word with him. Thanks for the info fingers crossed it's sorts it.

Regards Gary