GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf Malone Stage 2. DPF/EGR Delete with straight pipe

TDI BR

Hello Everyone!
So a little over a month ago Mark Malone released his tune for the 2015 TDIs. I've had my car since November and have been anxious ever since for the upgrades.
Well I am proud to say that I am the FIRST(that I know of) to upgrade! Well at least to upgrade with the deletes and run the car free of codes, CELs, and limp mode.
Last month I contacted Les at GDM regarding the tune with deletes. We set a date and they delivered as promised, one hell of a car. The job is as listed.
-Malone stage 2 tune
-DPF/EGR/Adblue Delete
-2.5" Turbo back straight pipe w/resonator
Below are some photos from before, during the job, and after everything was finalized.
This is the before:

View from Rear^^

DPF intact^^

Exhaust removed^^

Straight pipe installed^^

Removed DPF and new rear tips^^

Entire stock exhaust system. EGR Filter, DPF, flex/midpipe with cat, and muffler.^^

New downpipe with sensors intact^^

Adblue injectors disconnected and left intact^^

Resonator in midpipe and awesome rear tips^^

Final product view from the rear.^^

GDM is a great group of guys who really know these cars inside and out. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a Malone tune or anything to do with German diesel automobiles.
I have driven the car a several times(70+mile round trip to work today and a few errands afterwards). All I can say is WOW. I dont know the exact numbers this thing is putting out
with the tune and deletes but it is a totally different car. It's very easy to speed and not even realize it. The car has had several miles put on it during installation to weed out
all of the codes popping up. The long drive back and several miles on it for work etc. and no codes, limp mode or CELs. There were no cuts made to any part of the original car.
I am retaining all stock parts in case I need to return to stock for whatever reason. I will post updates as I have the car longer and put many more miles on her. Please feel free to contact me
via direct message or on this thread for any questions. Please refrain from posting anything negative. This is for "Off-Road use only".;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyFyE7FsWU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Hello Everyone!

I have driven the car a several times(70+mile round trip to work today and a few errands afterwards). . The car has had several miles put on it during installation to weed out
all of the codes popping up. The long drive back and several miles on it for work etc. and no codes, limp mode or CELs. Please refrain from posting anything negative. This is for "Off-Road use only".;)

Well, I will make negative comments.
1. From what you have written, it doesn't sound like off road use.
2. You are an irresponsible idiot removing kit to reduce emissions and try to clean up the atmosphere. The exhaust gases won't stay off road!

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Looks nice - in for updates and a dyno. There's no emissions testing for diesel vehicles where I live, so hopefully I'll do this too.

Do you know how difficult it was to get the cat, dpf and egr out?

chillined

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on being the first DPF deleted Golf in North America (to my knowledge haha).
Did you go from stock to Stage 2 + DPF/EGR/Urea Delete?
Is a dyno test in the works?
If you could post a video of the exhaust sound, that would be awesome man. Something for me to aspire to for the meantime haha.
TX_TDI, probably was a little bit of a hassle, but it's nothing a little wiggle won't fix.

Last edited:

TDI BR

Congrats on being the first DPF deleted Golf in North America (to my knowledge haha).
Did you go from stock to Stage 2 + DPF/EGR/Urea Delete?
Is a dyno test in the works?
If you could post a video of the exhaust sound, that would be awesome man. Something for me to aspire to for the meantime haha.
TX_TDI, probably was a little bit of a hassle, but it's nothing a little wiggle won't fix.

Hey thanks man I hope yours is coming along good! Yes I went from stock to Malone stage 2 with DPF/EGR/Adblue delete. As far as getting the DPF and all out they said that was a huge hassle. I'm not positive how they removed it but I'm guessing they got it out from the bottom. I'll post a video as soon as I can later today after work. If I can find someone who has a dyno I'll look into it.

sidtai1

Hi, I will be getting my 2016 TDI very soon and I am interested in taking out the DPF and EGR and getting it Malone tuned. I wanna ask if I can keep the AdBlue system and the cat and the cat but take out the DPF and EGR? Also is there any smoke under hard acceleration? I do not plan on making my car a rolling coal.

TDI BR

Hi, I will be getting my 2016 TDI very soon and I am interested in taking out the DPF and EGR and getting it Malone tuned. I wanna ask if I can keep the AdBlue system and the cat and the cat but take out the DPF and EGR? Also is there any smoke under hard acceleration? I do not plan on making my car a rolling coal.

Im not a mechanic and not 100% sure but I believe the adblue is injected after the DPF. Like I said I'm not 100% sure. The cat can definitely be kept. The egr deletes were some block off plates installed along with removing the filter that connected to the DPF. With no DPF or catalytic converter there is small amounts of black smoke when past 3500 rpm or so.

TDI BR

Is your pipe custom made? Cuz I am in Southern California and nowhere close to where GDM is at.
The down pipe is slightly different from the mk6 design.
It's different because of the way the coolant hoses are ran behind the engine in the ea288. So yes this pipe was custom designed. But GDM is working with Rawtek to get this in mass production. I'd say it should be available from Rawtek sometime in the near future.