GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camber Cover - The Mystery Brittle Pipe!

VEXZN

So; today i was fitting the turbo actuator clip to stop the rattle shitness. But; I fancied checking the cambelt. (Rolling up to 50k) took the cover off; and checked it. Seems in good nick. Anyway. What are the function of the two pipes on the side. The lower won't looked just like wire protector and snapped when removing from the clip. It goes into a inline fuel filter looking this that then goes into the engine.

Tried Parts Diagram but yet again the 1.4tsi is neglected with diagrams.

Any help appreciates

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VEXZN

Actuator clip was easy. Removed the turbo heat shield and boom pushed it on. But tbh it does make a difference but nothing major. I have noisy ass injectors

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
So do u reckon the 5 year thing from vw is a bit of money making scam. Personally I think it is. I can't see anything in manual about it

VEXZN

Well no; they're just covering their arse. A camber theoretically should never be changed but in reality due to its properties they can stretch and deterioration will cause it to fail. So a simple check now and again should be done but safe to say water pump and belt at 60k ish is good practice