GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
For anyone else in North America considering the Remus dual tip I'd suggest contacting Mike Bower there (michael@remususa.com). He has stock and can give you forum member pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehh. Quad tips ain't my thing.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
They have regular dual tips. Much cheaper too, and no need for a diffuser.

Here's hoping our orders go through!
Yeah I love their sound, but just wish their tips weren't so pricey. I like the simple single wall tips (like CTS). I don't care for double wall, carbon, etc. that just jacks the price up.

MattB1

Ready to race!
It got VIN locked!!??? I have other CSS parts on my list and I am guessing I can forget about those.

Not necessarily, I guess the muffler, and possibly resonator, are two of the truly unique CSS parts. Other parts I can think of would be the rear carpet, rear strut bar and net, caliper covers, side decals, I've no doubt missed a few others but there isn't much else (BB please correct me if I'm off the mark). The other parts are used on other VAG cars, so I would think the suspension bits etc which differentiate the CSS from the CS should be ok.

But, to be on the safe side, I ordered a pair of CSS front discs and pads today, just in case....They are a consumable item so may not get locked anyway, even if they are unique to the CSS.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah I love their sound, but just wish their tips weren't so pricey. I like the simple single wall tips (like CTS). I don't care for double wall, carbon, etc. that just jacks the price up.

Same here. Don't need the Remus logo on them either.

The cheapest are 102mm straight cut.

Still wondering if a shop could just weld some plain tips on.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
I can vouch for Mike and Remus. When I found out that the CSS muffler was falling through I ordered the dual tip axleback from them. Hopefully the sound is what I'm searching for install should be this weekend. Hopefully those that already had their order in for the CSS muffler will still get them. Good luck!

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
I sent Mike an email now. Please post pics of it installed and clips. I can't find pics of either. All I'm seeing is the ricey quad setups that require new diffuser too.

How much was the dual tip Remus axleback?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Good to know. I have already contacted Mike and he was very quick to respond. Definitely worth a look as a backup option!

Good luck with your install!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Same here. Don't need the Remus logo on them either.

The cheapest are 102mm straight cut.

Still wondering if a shop could just weld some plain tips on.
Exactly. And they've still got a weird dual wall thing going on (see below). I just can't bring myself to pay $200+ for these.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
I sent Mike an email now. Please post pics of it installed and clips. I can't find pics of either. All I'm seeing is the ricey quad setups that require new diffuser too.

How much was the dual tip Remus axleback?

$650 shipped to VA. I got the cheapest tips (chrome ones AtlantaDad mentioned) I don't mind the look of the (from the pictures anyway). You could always order it without the tips and get some you like from somewhere else.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Nice to see guys contacting mike. He's quick and has been very helpful to me. As for finding other tips, it's a 3" pipe, so you would just need to find something that size. I do like their street race tips but if I could find something like the CSS tips I'd go that route.

Btw, I also received a video from another member on another site. It's the quad version but should sound the same. If I get his permission I will throw it on YouTube. Just revs but better than nothing.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
$650 shipped to VA. I got the cheapest tips (chrome ones AtlantaDad mentioned) I don't mind the look of the (from the pictures anyway). You could always order it without the tips and get some you like from somewhere else.
Didn't see an option online to order without tips. If they'll do that, then win. Time to talk to the wifey...lol.

Not necessarily, I guess the muffler, and possibly resonator, are two of the truly unique CSS parts. Other parts I can think of would be the rear carpet, rear strut bar and net, caliper covers, side decals, I've no doubt missed a few others but there isn't much else (BB please correct me if I'm off the mark). The other parts are used on other VAG cars, so I would think the suspension bits etc which differentiate the CSS from the CS should be ok.

But, to be on the safe side, I ordered a pair of CSS front discs and pads today, just in case....They are a consumable item so may not get locked anyway, even if they are unique to the CSS.
Front swivels, engine mounts, some tweaks to springs, dampers and swaybars.
Of course front rotors and brake pads, though VW will offer these as option on the R soon.
The big plus is, they very most certainly can't VIN lock them. :)

'Bremsscheiben gelocht' = 'brake rotors, drilled'

http://www.volkswagen-r.de/de/r/golf/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C1M794znh8 :p

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Nice to see guys contacting mike. He's quick and has been very helpful to me. As for finding other tips, it's a 3" pipe, so you would just need to find something that size. I do like their street race tips but if I could find something like the CSS tips I'd go that route.

Btw, I also received a video from another member on another site. It's the quad version but should sound the same. If I get his permission I will throw it on YouTube. Just revs but better than nothing.

Plz do. There aren't too many Remus resonated axle back videos on YouTube.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't see an option online to order without tips. If they'll do that, then win. Time to talk to the wifey...lol.

Lol...ya removing the tips from the package would put it closer to the CSS cost with shipping.

I'll see what Mike has to say. Great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.