GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Do you mean if you had a GTI car, you would not upgrade to a CS car just for the sound? Because I would not either.

Or do you mean if you had a GTI car, you would not upgrade to a CS muffler? Because we don't know how that sounds yet.

Given all the info from B.B. and Matt, if I were you and had a CS, I would look into upgrading the resonator to a GTI/CSS one too for more sound.

Currently I own a CS and have owned a GTI so I know what both stock systems sound like.
I'm saying that if I owned a GTI still. I wouldn't pay money to achieve this " CS CS" sound that I now have due to owning a CS (make sense?). My personal opinion for my personal tastes is that it's not a dramatic enough of a difference. But perhaps CS + GTI res is. Liking the idea of the insert.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Quoting myself:

That pretty much says it all: :D

No acceleration at lower speeds - most noise is tires.
No acceleration at higher speeds - most is wind noise.

;)

So that explains why those ricers don't know how their own exhausts sound like ;)

Currently I own a CS and have owned a GTI so I know what both stock systems sound like.

I'm saying that if I owned a GTI still. I wouldn't pay money to achieve this " CS CS" sound that I now have due to owning a CS (make sense?). My personal opinion for my personal tastes is that it's not a dramatic enough of a difference. But perhaps CS + GTI res is. Liking the idea of the insert.

Got it, makes sense. Now that we know that it is the CS resonator that is dampening some sound for you, you could probably achieve the same sound as a CSS + GTI res as shown in this thread if you mod your resonator or replace it.

MattB1

Ready to race!
That would be above and beyond, Matt. And very much appreciated, once again. Very considerate of you. If you could find the time, please do. We'd all be curious as to what they'd have to say. Cheers.

Not good news, I'm afraid. I got in touch with a UK VW main dealer this morning, they confirmed the parts, as in the CSS Muffler 5G6253609DD and the CSS Resonator 5Q0253209HF, are VIN Locked. The lead time they quoted, if you have proof of ownership, is 14-21 days, so I would think it would be logical to assume that if you have a pending order which doesn't get dispatched to you within the next 3 weeks, it won't be fulfilled.

Sorry guys :(

Can we work out some sort of timeline? Seeing as cars245 removed the muffler from their site a couple of weeks ago, who has ordered from cars245 and is still waiting? When did you order?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
It got VIN locked!!??? Wow, I knew it was a possibility but I honestly didn't expect it to happen. Especially since VW has a large tab with multiple agencies regarding a recent emissions debacle. If I were them I'd be willing to sell everything people were willing to buy. Damn, sorry for those who ordered and will never see :,( Man.....I have one and I'm bummed. I have other CSS parts on my list and I am guessing I can forget about those.

feher_90

Passed Driver's Ed
Not good news, I'm afraid. I got in touch with a UK VW main dealer this morning, they confirmed the parts, as in the CSS Muffler 5G6253609DD and the CSS Resonator 5Q0253209HF, are VIN Locked. The lead time they quoted, if you have proof of ownership, is 14-21 days, so I would think it would be logical to assume that if you have a pending order which doesn't get dispatched to you within the next 3 weeks, it won't be fulfilled.

Can we work out some sort of timeline? Seeing as cars245 removed the muffler from their site a couple of weeks ago, who has ordered from cars245 and is still waiting? When did you order?

Does that mean that we will not receive our orders?

I ordered on February 14

Vincenz

Ready to race!

Thanks Matt for the info. If lead time is 3 weeks, it goes to show that e-acca is most likely out of the loop as I have surmised. There have been people here waiting for 2 months now?

I am going to ask N to refund my money.

Last edited:

CLOUT

Ready to race!

1/31 from cars245

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Ordered 3/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I just shot an email to Cars245 to see if 23rd-24th is still valid.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered 2/12

Apparently #4 in the e-acca queue

nype

Drag Racing Champion
We don't even know cars245 or e-acca have even placed the orders with the supplier on our behalf yet. Or if they were just sitting waiting to be told that there is stock available. Same end result, I suppose.

Do you think that they would also VIN lock the CS muffler? Maybe they have already.

I asked cars245 about the CS muffler availability and was told "this item should be available"...sigh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.