GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge

Old 05-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Motorcycle vs. Truck

http://rare.us/rare-news/caught-on-v...-tell-the-tale
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
Jose_Gti

Drives: Golf GTI MK7
I saw it yesterday but what seems strange to me is that the motorcycle didn't use the foot brake neither he used the hand brake too much....
I remember when a bus decided to make a suden turn in front of me and I end up 2 feet from crashing, from that day I drove my motorcycle with the "spider-sense" activated all the time.
MK7 MT GTI APR stage II high output + APR Down Pipe. APR Intake. Denso IKH24 Iridium plugs. 034 Dogbone. APR short shifter full system. ECS Clutch Bleeder Block. Billy Boat Resonator. TTRS Clutch kit.
APR Intercooler + Apr boost hoses, apr turbo inlet pipe.
Jose_Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_Gti View Post
I saw it yesterday but what seems strange to me is that the motorcycle didn't use the foot brake neither he used the hand brake too much....
I remember when a bus decided to make a suden turn in front of me and I end up 2 feet from crashing, from that day I drove my motorcycle with the "spider-sense" activated all the time.
I almost wiped out twice when I was 18. It took the second time to sell my bike. I was just too ignorant I had a street version of a 60's racing bike that had very touchy carbs.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
snobrdrdan

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Posting this pic for The Fed, of him back in the day:

Old 05-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
Gti jake

Drives: GTI 6MT
Dude never should have been on the road in the first place...goon riding with both feet off the pegs. He clearly had no clue what he was doing.

My background, since that's the direction this thread went. Started riding at five years old, got serious racing motocross and hare scrambles (GNCC, AWRCS, CRA) at thirteen. Went on to win a few championships and several individual races over the next five years. After graduating high school a shoulder injury kept me out of work and off the bike for six months. A few years later I had a terrible crash at an indoor track (broken Tib, fib, and crushed Talus
Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
Firstboost

Drives: Intrepidus Cuniculus
These things happen every day. Just go to bestgore.com if you really wanna know.