GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > UNITED KINGDOM

Old 05-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #18
Tamer

Drives: Golf R / Golf GTI / Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark White View Post
So I've not been here long...
I bought a 2015 GTI PP two months ago only for some scumbags to break into our house while we were sleeping and steal both sets of keys and the car.
I thought I had ok security but the burglars snapped a padlock off my side gate, snapped the the locks on 2 of our pvcu doors with ease and took both sets of keys without us hearing a thing whilst we were asleep. Police say Golf GTI's in particular are very popular for being stolen at the moment and they honestly don't think I'll see that car again, chances are it's off to Eastern Europe.
It's not just the car either, our pram (925), child seat (395), my camera equipment (2500), rayban's, few daughters toys etc etc were also in the car. It's a hell of a lot of money when you sit and work it out not even to mention the emotional dramas of feeling violated and unsafe in your own home.

Not sure where this is going to leave me after insurance etc and what car I will go for after it's settled.

So anyway just a word of warning. Make sure you have anti snap locks if you have pvcu doors, take the keys to bed with you etc at the least. Don't make it easy for these scum to take away your hard earned.
Wry sorry for ur ordeal!!!! It's a bless that ur kids are safe. My 2 cents on this; get a Doberman!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #19
Evo,Mk7-1.6 TDI SE BMT.

Drives: Mk7 TDI 1.6 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark White View Post
Prick!
Nice reply, but I've not read how much the mechanics tool cost him while repairing some ones car at the dealer or how much a forum member charged some other member to run a scan so why would I need to know the given price on your mentioned items? But you're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
Have a nice day.
Evo,Mk7-1.6 TDI SE BMT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #20
sadsac

Drives: GTD DSG
Did all my upvc euro cylinders this year with ABS replacements from Barnsley locks who came recommended on piston heads, ask on same key too (called Keyed-alike)

Sent from mobile
sadsac is offline   Reply With Quote