GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Old 04-26-2017, 02:54 AM   #52
dre1615

Drives: 2016 GTI
Blue golf R with Pretorias at Aspen Point Walgreens in Vernon Hills. Pharmacist?

Last edited by dre1615; 04-28-2017 at 03:54 PM.
dre1615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #53
deathmonkey

Drives: 2017 Golf R
White Golf R on Weber Road around Romeoville, it was slammed and had an exhaust for sure. Just caught sight of it when it was turning onto a side road.
deathmonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:20 AM   #54
elwood

Drives: 2016 R 6MT
I saw a really great looking TR Mk VII R today on northbound 294, around 1:00 PM. It was lowered, had euro tails and aftermarket exhaust. I'm guessing it was tuned as well. We cruised together from near O'Hare until I got off at Deerfield Road. Great looking car.
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:35 PM   #55
elwood

Drives: 2016 R 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDragon View Post
Drive every morning and afternoon to and from work down oakton in des plaines area.... always see a seemingly stock tornado red gti parked in the same plaza parking lot (probably works at one of the stores) right across from Maine west high school. As a vw lover, I notice these things. And it's usually always parked side by side next to a grey new WRX.... must be buddies or coworkers.... well, that's all folks lol
At one point today around lunch time, there was the red MK VII GTI mentioned above, another MK VII GTI (gray), and my R. Talked to the guy in the gray GTI, forgot to ask if he was on any forums.
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #56
deathmonkey

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Driving to work today traffic was backed up on Des Plaines Ave just north of Cermak in Forest Park, and got caught next to a red GTI sport. I waved and he waved back, looked like he was hauling some drums. Those wheels on the sport really look good, first time I saw them in person!