GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #18
rr1santos

Drives: golf r
Quote:
Originally Posted by brekdown29 View Post
I have both files but have only used race a few times when I felt like splurging on some 100 octane. My boost gauge is tapped into the intake manifold and it peaks upward of 25 psi and then tapers off a few psi.

interesting..i'm using my jb4 to register boost pressure..and it usually peaks 23-24...guess i should invest in an actual boost gauge to connect to the ecs tap im using already for hobb switch with meth system
2016 Oryx White R Base MT / GIAC STAGE 2 "SPICY" FILE / GIAC FLASHLOADER MOBILE / STACKED BMS JB4 / Neuspeed Intake / 034 motorsports dogbone insert / ED eMMOTION / CircuitWerks Catless Downpipe / OEM res delete / BFI stage 3 clutch / CTS Turbo rear subframe inserts / CTS Turbo TIP / CTS Turbo TMD / Spulen adjustable shifter / BMS meth kit CM5
rr1santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #19
KASPER

Drives: 17 MK7R dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr1santos View Post
interesting..i'm using my jb4 to register boost pressure..and it usually peaks 23-24...guess i should invest in an actual boost gauge to connect to the ecs tap im using already for hobb switch with meth system
Different companies running different files, but I’m tapped, real boost gauge, and spike 30 on 93 oct pump gas and bleed off to 27-26, rarely do I actually see 30 but it seems to live around 29-28 almost everywhere. Probably part of the reason ya see UM cars throwing down slightly higher dyno numbers all other things being equal. I’m actually surprised giac’s canned tunes are running that little boost, thought apr was around 28 spike and bleeding off a few lbs near redline assumed the other big companies canned tunes were the same unless customer asked for less.

It’ll be interesting as the Cobb tuners become more popular and dynotuning becomes more prevalent on each customers individual car. I suspect you’ll start seeing more timing less boost and basically the same power. The tunes will just be dialed in better for the specific car, mods, gas quality etc. not that I’m complaining about the canned tunes, they do seem really well sorted out, but ya know if your car was on the dyno and the tuners good there’s probably 5-10 horse that’s left to be extracted if ya wanted it all at the razors edge in my experience on other cars and imo

Sorry just saw I quoted wrong guy, meant to quote the guy u quoted
Old 10-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #20
rr1santos

Drives: golf r
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASPER View Post
Different companies running different files, but Iím tapped, real boost gauge, and spike 30 on 93 oct pump gas and bleed off to 27-26, rarely do I actually see 30 but it seems to live around 29-28 almost everywhere. Probably part of the reason ya see UM cars throwing down slightly higher dyno numbers all other things being equal. Iím actually surprised giacís canned tunes are running that little boost, thought apr was around 28 spike and bleeding off a few lbs near redline assumed the other big companies canned tunes were the same unless customer asked for less.

Itíll be interesting as the Cobb tuners become more popular and dynotuning becomes more prevalent on each customers individual car. I suspect youíll start seeing more timing less boost and basically the same power. The tunes will just be dialed in better for the specific car, mods, gas quality etc. not that Iím complaining about the canned tunes, they do seem really well sorted out, but ya know if your car was on the dyno and the tuners good thereís probably 5-10 horse thatís left to be extracted if ya wanted it all at the razors edge in my experience on other cars and imo

Sorry just saw I quoted wrong guy, meant to quote the guy u quoted
yeah since I'm stacking my peak is 26-27 now..but even with just the giac tune its pretty torqy lowend.
2016 Oryx White R Base MT / GIAC STAGE 2 "SPICY" FILE / GIAC FLASHLOADER MOBILE / STACKED BMS JB4 / Neuspeed Intake / 034 motorsports dogbone insert / ED eMMOTION / CircuitWerks Catless Downpipe / OEM res delete / BFI stage 3 clutch / CTS Turbo rear subframe inserts / CTS Turbo TIP / CTS Turbo TMD / Spulen adjustable shifter / BMS meth kit CM5
rr1santos is offline   Reply With Quote